Author Topic: Chrome is good  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Chrome is good
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »
Firefox kept crashing on my laptop so I removed it and installed Chrome... I've had it on my desktop for a while and have been slowly migrating to using it... but habit keeps me opening FF. 

Anyway, how is it possible that Chrome is faster?  Like, everything just happens faster... pages load right away.  I like the other features and the simplicity and intuitiveness but the speed is something I don't understand... how do they do that?

Anyway, Chrome is good.  :)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: Chrome is good
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »
Really???

I have to load it, IE9 has disgusted me so I finally broke down and tried FF. It's ok I guess.

Chrome next.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

ebag4

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »
Thanks for the "heads up" Carl.  Google Chrome smokes IE8 on XP !

Best,
Ed

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »
I switched from FF to Chrome a couple of years ago and been extremely pleased although sometimes I wonder if I'm becoming too "googalized". :-k

I see that Google has been attracting the attention the Senate anti trust subcommittee.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/22/business/la-fi-google-antitrust-20110922

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »
For most tasks Chrome is faster. Each browser has a set of benchmarks that will show it's "superiority" but for most things Chrome is speedy. :)

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
I can't recall having any problems with Chrome. OTOH Firefox was reasonably good but it did crash a few times and wasn't as user friendly as Chrome. I'm not sure about the difference in speed.