Author Topic: Nelson Pass DIY articles  (Read 4892 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Nelson Pass DIY articles
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
I knew there was some diy stuff on Passlabs.com website, but I started thumbing through the list today, it is quite comprehensive. I could imagine a couple weeks spent trying to digest it all.
http://www.passdiy.com/articles.htm

The article "Leaving class A," about class A v class AB is excellent.
Rich

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Nelson Pass DIY articles
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
Oh, Good...more neat stuff that I don't have time to read  :roll:!

I need to win the lottery...so that I don't have to work anymore...and have all the time to pursue all of my interests  :duh.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
I love the fact that Nelson Pass is so generous to the DIY community. I read that at Burning Amp Festival last year one of the attendees hadn't finished his pair of Pass amps and Nelson sat down with the guy and helped him get them completed. Pretty cool in my book.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »
Wow... cool story. I met him at RMAF last year. I expected the room to be full of solid silver unobtainium amps and speakers, along with that orbit of snobs drooling on everything like some of the RMAF rooms. But instead people were filing in and out quickly. Once inside I realized why.

There was Nelson sitting in a chair listening to a pair of very homemade looking open baffle speakers with 2 Seas woofers and a Lowther full range. On the floor was a proto plywood mounted pile of parts, amps and crossovers of his own cookin. The regular crowd wasn't too interested in that stuff, so I was thrilled to have a minute to talk to him and ask some weird questions. Hell of a nice guy, very down to earth, definitely not a Hifi rock star mentality, although he is more accomplished than most hifi designers.

On diyaudio he said he liked the look of my Maiko Shark speakers, so he is OK in my book. hehe I'm actually thinking about his new integrated.

Steve, you can print them out one at a time, to read between appts. Go outside so nobody will interupt your reverie! haha