Author Topic: RMAF 2009  (Read 20573 times)

Bigfish8

RMAF 2009
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
I am writing this post to ask AN Members about who is planning to attend RMAF this year?  I attended my first RMAF last year and really enjoyed it but personal conflicts will prevent me from attending this year.

Ken

lonewolfny42

Re: RMAF 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
Sorry to hear you can't make it this year Ken.

I'll be there again this year...got a few good airfare deals. 8)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:41 AM »
I'll be there but as a spectator instead of an exhibitor.  We had planned to split a room with a couple of other but they backed out. 

I was looking forward to having the Korato Anniversary equipment there on display as well as the new GIK products but it will be nice to actually get to wander around and hear some things this year.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
Too much family stuff going on for me to get away this year. :cry:

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »
I'll be there but then again, I live 30 minutes away. Kids are all grown, so I have no valid excuse unless I just flat lose interest, which I'm hoping not to do.

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »
After 3 great years in a row I won't make it due to a family commitment that has come up.  Hope to see you all next year.  Tom
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
I'll be in Aruba on a free vacation...  Gotta love a better half who has parents with too much timeshare time.... We got free plane tickets as a housewarming gift... So all I need to cover is restaurant costs.... life is good... only problem is I hate the heat...  I'd rather be wandering around listening to audio gear than hanging out on the beach.  The saving grace is El Gaucho 18oz. Argentine grass-fed filet mignon... best steak I've ever had... and I fully plan to have a few of them over the course of our stay down there.

Our housesitters are going to have their own little RMAF celebration.  I think they're more happy we're going on vacation than we are given their excitement level to come and enjoy my various systems while we're gone.  I get the distinct impression they've got a few movie nights planned for friends while we're away...
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »
Life is good Shane! Good on ya

Ecramer

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
I'm Heading out for the show. Looking forward to it. I love puttinfg faces to the people that i am  sharing this hobby with. I met Bpage and Glen last year. My Buddy won a pair of ACI speakers

ED

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »
I'll actually have some time to wander around with some of the guys this year.

There are a few of the GAS guys that are coming out for the first time too. 

Come find me in the bar after hours and I'll introduce you guys.

Bryan

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »
I'll be there but as a spectator instead of an exhibitor.  We had planned to split a room with a couple of other but they backed out. 

I was looking forward to having the Korato Anniversary equipment there on display as well as the new GIK products but it will be nice to actually get to wander around and hear some things this year.

Bryan

Bryan...

Sorry to hear you, Mike, and Glenn won't have a "show" room this year.... :?
Your room always "sounded" very good...plus I got to hear The Tubes....and have a beer. :beer:
See you there....with Scott and the other GAS crew..... 8)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 04:15:23 AM »
Definitely see you there Chris. 

We hope to be back at the show next year.

Bryan

Ecramer

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:40 AM »
The ACI / GIK room and the Roberts Acoustic were two of the stand out rooms at RMAF for me and Letter317, Paul. We both felt that $ for $ they beat out a lot of mega buck systems Just Flat out great sound for a down to earth price. I could lived with the systems in either room. The Korato amps are one of my favorite pieces

ED

DeadFish

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »
Hey Bryan!
Sorry to hear you are not displaying, but you got a firm grip 'on the other hand'.  You'll enjoy being there just for being there.
HOPE to see ya there!

Bill

Bigfish8

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 02:25:35 PM »
Hi Guys:

I know that some of you were fortunate to attend RMAF and are probably recovering from a fun weekend.  I would appreciate your comments about two of the rooms: 1) GR Research VH-1's and VH-2's with the Dodd Battery Powered Equipment and 2) the Salk Room if you heard the HT-4's.

Thanks,

Ken