Author Topic: JAS Audio Bravo 2.3 6C33-B Class A SET integrated  (Read 22237 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: JAS Audio Bravo 2.3 6C33-B Class A SET integrated
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
Rectifiers can make a big difference. Sounds like this amp is a keeper?

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 02:22:33 PM »
this amp has great synergy with my speakers and the rest of my rig so logic would dictate that it is most definately a Keeper  ;)
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Dallas21

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »
I would like to mention as far as rectifiers go the 5ar4 is the best
Most rugged rectifier choice why ? for  one it is very rugged long lasting ,also
And this is the most important ,it has a irdirect heater which slowly
Brings up the current for roughly 10 seconds which extends the life of the tube snd  other rectifier  tubes several donot which creates an on rush which taxes the supply capacitors. N.O.S Mullard and Amperex
Are he best ever made and possibly the last one you will buy for your amplifier.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:48 AM »
I would like to mention as far as rectifiers go the 5ar4 is the best
Most rugged rectifier choice why ? for  one it is very rugged long lasting ,also
And this is the most important ,it has a irdirect heater which slowly
Brings up the current for roughly 10 seconds which extends the life of the tube snd  other rectifier  tubes several donot which creates an on rush which taxes the supply capacitors. N.O.S Mullard and Amperex
Are he best ever made and possibly the last one you will buy for your amplifier.

Hey Dallas21 welcome. Good info thanks.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.