Author Topic: Seattle Sunday  (Read 9997 times)

miklorsmith

Seattle Sunday
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
I'm in Seattle and am planning an event for Sunday.

As far as sharing thoughts and having little to contribute, there's a music section here screaming to be populated.  Also, your system, whatever it be, it the object of love, attention, and affection.  Why not talk about it?  What does it do well and what do you wish it did better?

You can keep learning about this stuff your whole life, even if you're not in a buying mode.  I'm closing down buying for some time but this is the beginning of a really exciting time where I can forget about the gear and reengage my love for music which has been admittedly behind my obsessive pursuit of gear for some time.

I've been turned on my head several times in the last few years, and this is 20+ years into this whacked out hobby.  I'm really hoping my assumptions and beliefs are turned inside-out many more times, as each has been a significant learning experience.

As to the disappearing AN post at AC, that's a bummer.  Controlling content is necessary to some degree but that seems excessive.

About the manufacturer's participation, I think that's great but it raises something I've posted about Over There - people flock to those circles looking for information about products.  What they find is great, positive support from owners, which is good, but absent dissenting views.  Ultimately, while this is beneficial to the manufacturers, it isn't a level playing field.

While I appreciate the "post it in two channel" answer, and would do it myself, a newer participant may not understand the social nuances in play.  Frankly, I don't give my full thoughts on some products even in two-channel out of respect for the hardworking manufacturer and frankly the other owners of that product.

FWIW, just an observation