Author Topic: 2020 News update from Response Audio  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
2020 News update from Response Audio
« on: January 05, 2020, 10:48:05 AM »
Greetings everyone.
As many of you already know,  I have been working a full time job the past couple years after going through some personal situations and working with audio on a "part tim3 basis". The plan was to to go back to audio full time in March of this year. However, my first day back to my full time job after the new year, I was called into the office and told I would be laid off the end of January.
So without hesitation, my brain automatically went to "Now I can go back to audio full time".

Bill Baker/Response Audio 2020:

--Response Audio/Musica Bella-- We will continue producing our affordable tube preamplifiers and the Segue tube buffer/preamp. And occasionally the Bella Phono stage.

--Purity Audio Design-- Purity is coming back this year. Our focus is a new preamp to fall in lin3 between the original Basis 2.2 and the Reference.  The 2020 Purity preamp will be the Foundation.
The other Purity product will be an updated mk2 version of the Harmonia 300B Tube buffer and a buffer preamp. We have been working on tbis new version for almost 3 years and expect to have it ready sometime towards the end of February.
Over the next couple weeks, our web site will be redone and reflect these changes.

--Raven Audio- 2020 is the year😉 We are very close to starting building some of the Elite products. All Elite products will be custom built here. The first products to be released will be the Shadow and Silhouette preamps and the Reflection integrated amplifier. A few enhances will now be found in the Elite products.  These products and full descriptions will be found on my web site and of course on the Raven Audio web site.

I will keep this thread updated as things progress.

Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: 2020 News update from Response Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
Greetings and happy new year. Thanks for the update and all the best getting back into audio full time!
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »
Bill Baker/Response Audio 2020:

--Response Audio/Musica Bella-- We will continue producing our affordable tube preamplifiers and the Segue tube buffer/preamp. And occasionally the Bella Phono stage.

--Purity Audio Design-- Purity is coming back this year.
Hmmm, I knew a Bill Baker and associated the name with Purity, not Response nor Raven, so I'm starting to think 1+1 = 2.
How's it going Bill? Looong time. Maybe a distant Capfest or Axpona last I saw you?
Anyway congrats on the new stuff. I swore Raven was at the last FL Expo and it appears once again in 2020. Had no idea they were you. You going?

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 05:31:59 PM »
Hey AJ. I am working for Raven in bringing out new versions of the Elite series products and had a hand in the new Avian mk3 series.
Myself and my partner Joe Jerzec are the owners of Purity Audio design. We did audio shows for many years which is likely where me met. Starting this year I will take the reigns for Purity.
Response Audio is the company I started over 20 years ago.
We are discussing the Florida Expo for this year. Raven Audio will be there and a good chance I will be attending as well. We'll have to meet up again if I go.
Design Engineer
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
Good luck with the transition!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 06:40:08 AM »
We are discussing the Florida Expo for this year. Raven Audio will be there and a good chance I will be attending as well. We'll have to meet up again if I go.
Definitely. Hope to see you soon.

cheers

AJ
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »
I now have only 2 shifts left at my full time job this week. Then it's audio 100%.
I have 2 chassis remaining for either the Musica Bella "Custom" preamifier or Segue Tube buffer/preamp.
We can custom build either of these to best match your requirements for your system.

We also have a few other preamps nearly finished that we have reduced pricing on.

One chassis left for the Purity Audio Design Reference preamp. Again, custom built.

Please let me know if you or someone you know has any interest. Www.responseaudiony.com

I am now working on somethjng new for Raven. Something affordable, Something I will likely use in one of my full tube systems. Stay tuned. :drool:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:04:15 PM by Response Audio »
Design Engineer