Author Topic: Acoustic Revive RR-888  (Read 23448 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Acoustic Revive RR-888
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
  OK we compared RR-888 to RR-777 and the 888 was more affective. Using a more powerful power supply [3.5W] made the affect even more noticeable.
  When unplugged during demonstration the sound stage collapses, F'n amazing IMHO. Orientating them N.to S. also made an improvement over E. to W. go figure. Well our magnetic fields go N. to S. that is why.
  This is NOT subtle. Yes $685 is not inexpensive. The end result is that there are zero components out there that can bring this affect for $685.
  Going to try [4] units. My customer has two and we will use all of them , N,S,E and W. Yes I sleep better and just so relaxed.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »
 Well four of these units just blew us away with harmonics and the venue of live recordings. Ya hear the hall big time. Start a Piggy bank.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
Well four of these units just blew us away with harmonics and the venue of live recordings. Ya hear the hall big time. Start a Piggy bank.

charles

Charles,
Where did you place them and did you have some flexibility as to placement?
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 10:46:05 PM »
Iv'e Seen the D-stat (that little gun thing) and have thought about getting one. Not sure if it would do any good.
How does one get their paws on a magnetic tape bulk eraser. Is this a one time shot or do you
need to redo every so often? Guess I could just send the 400+ cds to you Dave and when could
ya get back to me?

https://www.ebay.com/i/152921001403?chn=ps&dispItem=1

That is one I have. Performed an exorcist of those nasties yesterday and was very pleased with result. Just sounded better overall. What ever sibilants  were present [ hardly any or none to begin with] with vocals is now completely gone, gone, gone. Cleaned up top end big time.

charles

I’d like to understand in more detail why is there an improvement after demagnetizing a disc?
Nick
My experiences.  I posted a long thread on my old AC site about why and how a demagnetizer works on CDs and DVDs.  It is really a simple, but multi faceted application of physics.

Follow me here:

First is the static electricity build up on the CD or DVD.  Lexan is easily energized with a static field especially when spinning in a dry climate.  Basically a butt load of a single ion polarity.  The direct application of  a strong magnetic field disrupts whatever the polarity of the field is, IF the demagnetizer is used properly.  It must be pulled away very slowly until it is 2-3’ away from the disc to not re-energize the disc one way or the other.

The BIG One though is the magnetic polarity of the disc at hand.  Photons are very low energy entities compared to other energy states.  A photon can be easily nudged one of 6 ways depending upon the outside energy field.  What does all of this mean?  The disc itself is not magnetic, but prone to an electrical charge. 

Then why would a bulk tape eraser have any impact on the SQ of rips?  Quite simple.  Most of the inks used to print CDs ARE magnetic.  Black is the worst due to the iron ( ferric and ferrous oxides along with lamp black) in the ink. Red is not much better, again, different iron oxides.  Doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when these inks are spun at 600 rpm or so the energy field is multiplied by the speed.  A lot like the way a guitar pickup works:  More lines of force crossed = increased output.

If you do a lot of rips it is worth finding an old BTE.  They are not very expensive and beat the crap out of the commercial offerings out there.

Works good on vinyl, too.

I'm not sure there is a whole lot of detail to it. Magnetic fields on the disc can cause a "bend" in the laser light path whick can result in the reflected light not missing the photo sensor and certain bits not being read properly. If the magnetic field was static it would not be a problem as the photo cell could be adjusted to compensate for the4 bend, but since the discs is spinning, that means the magnetic field is moving around and the displacement from the intended laser path out be random in nature causing data errors.

Nick, using this device accomplishes the same thing as the Bedini Ultraclarifier.just not automatically as you would need to hold down the power button on the demag unit and move it around by hand.

And if you do use one of these devices be sure that it is always moving while it is on and move it at least an arm's length away from the CD before letting go og the power button t the sudden collapse of the magnetic field will re-magnetize the disc (or at least that is how it worked when we bulk erased reel to reel tapes when  I worked at the radio station.

Thanks, Tom. It appears error correction, or actually lack of absolute error correction,  may be the culprit. My CDs are on a data file, but there are some new ones I need to rip. So my thinking is if some of these gizmos work, why not use them before ripping to possibly get a better sounding permanent result. Maybe I have a demagnifier and antistatic device in an old musty audio box in the garage. Gotta check.....
Nick

I think you are on the right track as to why. I think it would probably be the lower of a need for error correction as the demag process will remove a problem that could introduce errors. Keep in mind that into most cases what we refer to as "error correction" with realtime CD playback is not really error correction but rather interpolation, a process in which the CD player makes a guess at what the next value should be based on the read values around it. So the less guessing you have to do, the better off you are.
[/quote]
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2018, 09:21:19 AM »

charles

Charles,
Nick

N, S,E and West. Using two N and S.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2018, 03:54:56 PM »

charles

Charles,
Nick

N, S,E and West. Using two N and S.

charles

Thanks, Charles. I may have to try that.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »
 My customers are buying more units. If cannot or will not spend that amount of money get multiple cheap ones just get some. Herbie Hancock will not record without them in the studio. I think he knows the sound of his piano in that venue.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
    Gentleman I can not stress enough how these devices have improved our lives and music. We sleep better , are more relaxed and even the TV has a better picture.
    Looking into whole house units. You will feel better. Tachyon Field Generator next up.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
    Gentleman I can not stress enough how these devices have improved our lives and music. We sleep better , are more relaxed and even the TV has a better picture.
    Looking into whole house units. You will feel better. Tachyon Field Generator next up.

charles
here's the best thing i've found for tv!   8)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ivancash/irl-glasses-glasses-that-block-screens

doug s.

That is an interesting perspective, Doug. Don’t think I’ll be buying a pair, though....
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS