Author Topic: Fuse  (Read 8619 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: Fuse
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 03:50:16 AM »
I love fuses. They sound like an extension of the PC. The generic ones are not bad but after-market tend to tilt the tone one way or another. I like em...

So I discovered.  I am getting some cheap ceramic fuses, as Rich recommended, like $0.98 each.  Cheap enough to play the tweak game. :thumb:

It's all about the fuse.  :lol:
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 06:15:20 AM »
I love fuses. They sound like an extension of the PC. The generic ones are not bad but after-market tend to tilt the tone one way or another. I like em...

So I discovered.  I am getting some cheap ceramic fuses, as Rich recommended, like $0.98 each.  Cheap enough to play the tweak game. :thumb:

It's all about the fuse.  :lol:

This audioholic game should have been this cheap all along!? :yay2:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 06:55:33 AM »
Yeah, but you need a $5000 tube preamp to hear the cheap fuse differences.   :lmc:

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 04:53:02 AM »
Yeah, but you need a $5000 tube preamp to hear the cheap fuse differences.   :lmc:

Had my 1st round with the cheap $0.98 Bussman Ceramic just in my Ultimate Outlet.  And, I could hear the difference, in a very positive way.  Next is fixing up the fuse housing on another preamp, and another Bussman.  Expect to hear more positive results.  Thanks for your advice.