Author Topic: Shhhh, here he comes...  (Read 8178 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Shhhh, here he comes...
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:24:00 AM »
Barry (NJ) is now the moderator of the "NY Audio Rave" group therapy wing.

Please help Barry make AN a valuable tool for the Rave.

Thanks for stepping forward to help, Barry!!

Rich

lonewolfny42

Re: Shhhh, here he comes...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:22:32 AM »
Thanks Barry !!  :beer:

Offline Packfill

• Seeking Help
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
Barry:

may you have the patience to tolerate the dissenters
the strength to squash the nihilists and
the wisdom and balls to know and enforce the difference

Robert

evan1

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
Barry:

may you have the patience to tolerate the dissenters
the strength to squash the nihilists and
the wisdom and balls to know and enforce the difference

Robert

In layman terms " Don't F**K your fellow Ravers"  :rofl:

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Well I just sent a message out via Yahoo, but I may as well put it here as well...

FWIW, I couldn't care less if I were to be called names on a forum, or other members call each other derogatory things. My forum experience was gained on a car forum were derogatory slurs are often placed by posters who disagree with each other. The mature ones ignore it as they should, the others beat their heads against their monitors trying to out slur their nemesis. To me it's funny stuff, and I find it entertaining to read. I've told the owners at AN pretty much the same thing. If I see that type of behavior in our forum on AN, I'll likely point it out to the site owners and let them decide how to handle it. My main goal is to keep the current events posted and as up-to-date as possible, to help facilitate the flesh-and-blood/face-to-face socializing that I feel we all enjoy.

Best to All, Barry
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
Way to go Barry :thumb:

Glad you stepped up to the plate. Sad to see Levi take a step back a bit, but I understand, life gets hectic and things change, besides he provided a Herculean effort on NYAR part, and was our main photographer.
It was (is) a lot of work, I would prefer to sit back and drink wine and BS with everyone and not have to worry about capturing the events on film. But Levi managed to do both excellently!
Maybe he will continue to do so in the future? Anyway he deserves a break.

I know I said I will have no more raves, but I guess after the new year I will be back in the rotation.
I have so many new projects I am working on I will want everyone to see and hear  the experiments :thumb:

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Deton Nation

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »
Barry,
You now have access to my private areas. Consider yourself inducted and infested.. probably a worm or a herpie. So check those first!
Mike

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
Barry,

"Walk softly and carry a big stick"  Thank you.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
Barry,
You now have access to my private areas. Consider yourself inducted and infested.. probably a worm or a herpie. So check those first!
Mike

Mike,

This is the type of post that caused so many problems on AC.  For my sake, please cease and desist.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Deton Nation

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
I havent been on AC in 3 months, so dont go blaming me! Jim Lighten up.

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
Well I just sent a message out via Yahoo, but I may as well put it here as well...

FWIW, I couldn't care less if I were to be called names on a forum, or other members call each other derogatory things. My forum experience was gained on a car forum were derogatory slurs are often placed by posters who disagree with each other. The mature ones ignore it as they should, the others beat their heads against their monitors trying to out slur their nemesis. To me it's funny stuff, and I find it entertaining to read. I've told the owners at AN pretty much the same thing. If I see that type of behavior in our forum on AN, I'll likely point it out to the site owners and let them decide how to handle it. My main goal is to keep the current events posted and as up-to-date as possible, to help facilitate the flesh-and-blood/face-to-face socializing that I feel we all enjoy.

Best to All, Barry

Am just catching up to you guys, as I haven't been here for a while, ever since the A/C fiasco unfolded. 

I totally disagree, Barry.   :duh Just a thought though.  With the A/C experience, should someone reeeeally get out of line, someone SHOULD step in, perform brain surgery to rectify things.  Otherwise, we'd be calling each other unpleasant names perhaps.  Case in point - Alan Greenspan made an "innocent" (FXXX) comment that "I thought Wall Street would self-regulate....."  That's how investors got screwed by his "innocent" 80-year-old wisdom.  Otherwise, why do we really need a government or any governmening body to oversee things?  There MUST be checks and balance to keep things moving smoothly.

Shek

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »
Shek, Welcome to AN. I met you at RMAF 08. Don't worry, AN is different than AC. Everyone treats each other with respect. It is required at all times. The members are the check and balances. We watch out for each other and speak up when something is wrong.

Political references are not allowed. Please edit your post accordingly. Thanks!
Rich

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »
Shek, Welcome to AN. I met you at RMAF 08. Don't worry, AN is different than AC. Everyone treats each other with respect. It is required at all times. The members are the check and balances. We watch out for each other and speak up when something is wrong.

Political references are not allowed. Please edit your post accordingly. Thanks!
Rich

Hey Rich, I didn't mean to be political.  Whatever my comment you thoght was political I don't think so.  But... for peace's sake, I can edit and not mention the person's name.....  But, how do I "edit" now? 

So far, I don't think your statement that "everyone treats everyone else with respect...." is correct.  I saw in THIS particular threat it's heating up.  Some people STILL have to grow up, and stop being childish. No name shall be mentioned.

Sorry if I've offtended anyone per his/her perception.

Shek

Offline richidoo

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:54:55 PM »
Hi Shek
You are judging a political appointee, and some AN members might disagree. It inspires feelings of separateness that we don't want here. I hope you understand.

Posts are editable only for 8 hours on Audionervosa to prevent revisionists from ruining the flow of a thread months after the fact. It is not a big deal, I understand the point you are trying to make, and your intent is honorable. Please keep it in mind for your future posts. Thanks Shek.

Deton Nation's comments were discussed publicly in another thread, before you arrived, and has since been deleted because it was a major distraction from the audio discussion. The issue was not ignored. Thanks for your concern, you have the right attitude... Welcome again.
Rich

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »
Hi Shek
You are judging a political appointee, and some AN members might disagree. It inspires feelings of separateness that we don't want here. I hope you understand.

Posts are editable only for 8 hours on Audionervosa to prevent revisionists from ruining the flow of a thread months after the fact. It is not a big deal, I understand the point you are trying to make, and your intent is honorable. Please keep it in mind for your future posts. Thanks Shek.

Deton Nation's comments were discussed publicly in another thread, before you arrived, and has since been deleted because it was a major distraction from the audio discussion. The issue was not ignored. Thanks for your concern, you have the right attitude... Welcome again.
Rich

Thanks Rich.  Never intended to be political. It was a slip on my part mostly (as we all do).  I apologize.  I was behind in following the collapse of NYAR in A/C; likewise here, mainly because I was wandering outside of the country the last month or so.

Shek