Author Topic: R.I.P. Gordy.....  (Read 4020 times)

lonewolfny42

R.I.P. Gordy.....
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
Since the NYAR Circle on AC is "hidden"....I thought I'd copy and paste a post from that Circle by nature boy/ Roger about Gordy.

I know he was also a member here...and friendly with a few.

R.I.P. Gordy..... :(

Fellow AC members,

My friend Gordy Brodoway, a regular AC poster up until last year, passed away Monday after a year long battle with cancer.  I will miss his regular listening visits to my man cave, talk about our latest music or tube finds, chats on the phone and catching a local concert or an occasional Wilmington Blue Rocks game together.

I had the pleasure of meeting Gordy through AC and he helped me with a couple of projects over the last couple years. His soldering skills bettered mine by a country mile.  He was a caring guy, full of life, with a love for bicycling, white water rafting, kayaking, softball and bowling.  Gordy also had a fondness for his little red Mazda Miata and Saab's.

He attended one or two RMAF events, fell in love with Jim Salk's Veracity HT3's and purchased an early pair built by Jim for his system.  Gordy really loved those speakers, but it was the friendships he developed with many AC members and NY Audio Raver's that he really cherished.

I will be attending services this Saturday morning to pay my respects Gordy's parents and family.

Here is information on the service:
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 on Saturday August 21 at St. Helena's RC Church, 602 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington. Burial will be private. Kindly omit flowers in favor of donations in Gordy's memory to PACE Alumnae, 5171 W. Woodmill Dr., Ste 9, Wilm. 19808 or to Delaware Hospice www.delawarehospice.org.

Gordy, it was great to know you and I'll miss you my friend.

Peace to all,

Nature Boy

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: R.I.P. Gordy.....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:45:40 AM »
I remember him from a few raves.
Last rave I saw him was at Occoms when he brought the Altman Dac.
Nice guy. A damn shame.

My prayers go out to him.
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:40:21 AM »
Awwww darn, that's sad news. Gordy and I shared quite a few PMs. Lately I wondered what he was up to, having not seen him on AC for a while. I loved his unassuming humble childlike manner, combined with wisdom and knowledge of an expert. I knew he knew a lot, building Aikido tube preamps and power supplies and encouraging me to join in, but he was sincere and humble when it came to things he didn't know as much about. He was a master learner.  It's nice to know some of the other hobbies he was interested in, like cars and biking.

God rest your soul Gordy. You'll be missed.
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »
Bummer. God rest your soul in eternal peace We will miss you Gordy, I hope you hear the horns at the gate. We all know there are tubes in Heaven.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »
Bummer. God rest your soul in eternal peace We will miss you Gordy, I hope you hear the horns at the gate. We all know there are tubes in Heaven.

charles
.....and turntables.  :D

Oh no, that must mean that all the transistors are in......  :twisted:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 10:49:27 AM »
Oh no, that must mean that all the transistors are in......  :twisted:
Purgatory, Tom, Purgatory!   :)

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Ecramer

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
Damn had a couple of good chats with Gordy Pmed him a lot on A/C him a lot missed him when he disappeared from A/C