Author Topic: Need conditioner reco for basic HT setup  (Read 7689 times)

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Need conditioner reco for basic HT setup
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:18:35 AM »
cheaper will be better but it will just need to give power to Arcam receiver, cheap Marantz DVD, cablebox, and 50" plasma TV.  This is a family room setup and I don't need anything all that great- maybe < 3-500bucks?

Rob
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Need conditioner reco for basic HT setup
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:01 AM »
  Monster. I have been using the older 3500 model . For Video a better picture for audio ? thats why its with the TV, DVD ,etc.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:45:45 AM »
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:04:01 AM »
Is this it?  http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?powrcond&1271721782&/Monster-hts3500-mkii-Shipped!  price reasonable?

Rob

That is the one. Price very reasonable jump on it. Good luck.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
If you have  DVR, be sure to get a UPS. They don't like unexpected shutdown, they are little computers.  Plus you don't want to stop recording just because a 1 second blackout

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
And if you get a UPS, buy new or get a new battery to go with it.  I like the CyberPower products.  This one looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:05:31 AM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »
Nice recommendation Carl.   I was looking for something like that.   Amazon and Newegg both have the CP1350AVRLCD for $145.  With a little shipping you can probably find it for less.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
I like APC for UPS's. Not because they are anything special, but because they still sell replacement batteries for ancient models. A Tripp unit I had failed battery after 1 year and was obsolete part, unavailable. So I'm all APC now.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 01:04:47 PM »
I have two of the model Carl suggested here, one in the family room system because of satellite DVR, one in the master because of TIVO HD box.... they don't hurt the picture quality.... of course I also have a dedicated 20A line with JPS labs romex going to each spot... so that doesn't hurt things either...  But these have served me well so far...

I do like APC units as well... either way, it's nice not having the TV go out for the repeated dips that happen a LOT around here, especially in the summer.  I got nearly 30 minutes viewing of the 60 inch plasma and DVR on battery power before it ran out last time there was an extended power outage... better than sitting in the dark for that 30 minutes...
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
I think the clean sine wave technology is pretty cool on the Cyber's.  I don't think APC's have it.  I have 2 of the older Cyber 1500 models..  1 hummed so I tried it for non-hifi duties.  I learned it is not adequate to handle a 1 HP sump pump. ;)  However, it has been adquate on everything else.  So, if you don't need large electrical motor backup, it'll do. haha.

The APC's I've had in the past didn't last very long.. usually a year or 2.  The Cyber's have lasted 3, going on 4.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
Have you replaced batts on the Cybers yet Carl? Do they support older units?

30 minutes TV on battery! wow

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 02:07:33 PM »
I haven't needed to but I can get them.. Here's a link to the PR1500 I have: http://www.batteryinternational.com/cyber-power-pr1500-ups-battery-ups-batteries-f1.html

Offline richidoo

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
I guess if it has a standard SLA batt inside, it's easy to find replacement anywhere. Good idea! 8)