Author Topic: Help with Jewel Case insert software  (Read 2335 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Help with Jewel Case insert software
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »
For many years now I have been using the label making program included in Roxio Easy CD creator to make jewel case inserts & covers. All I had to do was put a disc in the drive and the program had a feature that would go out to an internet database and download all of the track and title information for the disc. About two weeks ago the program stopped working and reinstalling it actually crashed my machine (luckily I could back out the install in safe mode). Anyway I have newer copies of the program that came packed with newer CD/DVD drives, but none of the newer versions have the internet download feature. (it is probably disabled to encourage you to buy the upgraded version. That said I went to Best Buy last night and found the current full retail version of Roxio Easy CD/DVD creator (the one in the red box). And while the features on the box mention making labels, no where do they talk about being able to download disc data. Does anyone have a recommendation for a piece of currently available software that will do this. I asked the "sales associates" in both Best Buy and MicroCenter about this and they both looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about.  :-k  So much for customer service. I guess for minimum wage you can't expect to find somebody who can lift heavy things and have a clue about the products they sell.  :duh

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Help with Jewel Case insert software
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
Nero 9 supports lightscribe and labelflash and uses Gracenote metadata service. I read the manual for "Nero Burning ROM" section, and it did not explicitly say that it will print song names on the label, but it did talk about label printing, so perhaps you can configure what gets printed. Lightscribe is cooool. The CD-R is white and the printer prints right onto the disk, no labels.

Is it possible to repair your Roxio? You seem happy with it. Do you have the original install disk with the label writing features?  Just use Revo Uninstall to remove the old Roxio, and reinstall it fresh. If it is choking due to incompatibility with Windows7, then you can adjust compatibility mode for the operating system that is compatible. Find compatibility mode settings by right-clicking on the icon for the program choose Properties, then Compatibility tab. Run it as XP or 95 or whatever it needs.

I have a very old Roxio installed on my XP machine, I may be able to find the disk if it is the same version you need. I have never used the label printing so I don't know if mine importa metadata from net. Let me know the version number if you can get it from the About... section, usually under help menu.