Author Topic: Pangea Powercords The real deal ?  (Read 63939 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Pangea Powercords The real deal ?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »
  You think its easy trying to type and talk at the same time. Foogetaboutit.  :rofl: I'm buying two 9ga Pangea cords and will send to anyone who would like to try them on their amps. As I stated in the "subject of this thread " " Are they the real deal ? " That is the question. For $160 IMO its worth a try. Is Mr. Victor for real ?   Don't know yet so the reason for the start of the thread.
  Also curious as to the new cord by Alan Maher [ Infinity Strings] for $160 each and $10/ add ft.

charles
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:38:44 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
Sir Charles,
I bought two of the Pangea's the day I got the AA catalog. I got the 14 gauge version ( 2 ft) for my Gen Rad 1201-B Regulated Tube Power Supplies.

With a hacksaw, I cut off the IEC's to directly wire (silver solder) them into the PS ( REMEMBER: the best connector is "NO Connector!".) Did this before Thanksgiving...

All I can say is that the cables are extremely well made & constructed. I noticed a slightly quieter background after changing out the original captive cords. All the detail & dynamics remain as well...

For $40 + S&H, for 2 power cords... a complete no brainer & I'm happy!

My $0.02... Hope to see you soon...

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 03:03:57 AM »
I have heard the Ac-14 cord on two dacs, the new Oppo Blu-Ray player and that results was great. I am tempted to put the cord on my Dac and maybe the Ac-9 on my amp.

Liz

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:59 AM »
I have heard the Ac-14 cord on two dacs, the new Oppo Blu-Ray player and that results was great. I am tempted to put the cord on my Dac and maybe the Ac-9 on my amp.

Liz

I have tried the 14ga as well on my lector. Very good results.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 10:23:05 AM »
  More and more good reports coming in. Several of our Club members have reported the merrits of this cord. All positive. Looking better and better.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 08:00:46 AM »
   Well boys it is the real deal. Last evening at our club meeting we used the 9ga cord with the new Oppo SE. It bested every cord we tried. No names to protect the innocent. We have tried many many PCs individually and at club events. Our resident cord Guru Roy loves em. Believe me he is NOT easy to please as he has reviewed many a PC.   
   The only cord that gave it a challenge was a cord made from the NOS GE wire by John Weisner. My take is several Pangea cords will be purchased by even are most skeptical members.
  KABOOM for the buck. BTW we preferred the 9ga. to the 14ga. More weight and body.

charles

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Aw, c'mon Rollo - You know it's the golf analogy that has you pumped about these cords :thumb::

(Joking - Thanks for the info re these cords)

Taking Tiger's Approach

Pangea Audio's 'component to the wall outlet' design approach is much like the way that Tiger Woods plays golf. Most golfers think of hitting the ball from the tee to the green. They hit the ball as far as they can on each hole to get as close as possible to the green.

Tiger's approach is just the opposite. He thinks from the green back to the tee. He asks, 'What ball placement on the fairway will give me the best opportunity for a birdie putt today?' Today, his caddie recommends, with a slight wind out of the west, the best shot would be an 7-iron 150 yards from the left of the fairway to the back edge of the green. So Tiger gets out his 3-wood, rather than his driver, and hits the ball to that spot on the fairway to set up a second shot that will give him the best opportunity for a birdie putt.

Pangea's 'component to the wall outlet' design results in a better cable that's designed just for the component you want to power. The cable gives you precisely what you need - no more and definitely no less.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Just ordered a 14 gauge Pangea for my Lector, have heard good things about this cord and would love to find a great $20 PC!!  20 bucks!  now we are talkin!
Will let you know how it works in my system.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
... It bested every cord we tried. No names to protect the innocent.

OK, no names but how about a hint at the price range of what you compared it to?   And, did you try it on any components other than the Oppo?

Just curious... Thanks!

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 01:08:26 PM »
FWIW - you can buy the Pangea power cords and HDMI cables on Amazon.com for the same prices and it includes free shipping without the AudioAdvisor $199 minimum order.   Amazon is just fronting  for AA.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
rollo...
No names to protect the innocent.

Ah....come on Charles...that's a "cop out".... :rofl:
.............. name some names... :D/

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
Every review should be in context.. give the following:
Personal tastes
Size of room and treatments used
Associated Gear used, specifics where required.. special attention to speaker placement, nearfield, etc.

Then and only then will you get much from the results.  I've had cables 'beat' others in my room many times.  Only problem is, my preference and room are wildly different than someone else's... so it's almost an useable comparison.. unless it's day and night.. We tried a pc from Grover once that made a profound degradation of sound quality.. I was reminded of how much a pc makes a difference.  All the other cords changed the character of the presentation different ways.. and I think of 6 people, there were 3 different winners.  I even wondered if the Grover would've been a winner in someone else's system... And I thought.. I bet it would.. somewhere out there...

-C
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:12:22 PM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 06:58:38 AM »
rollo...
No names to protect the innocent.

Ah....come on Charles...that's a "cop out".... :rofl:
.............. name some names... :D/

Now now we have some VERY sensitive PC guys out there. So I will name the ones we do not know personally. ESP, Omega [ yes hard to admit], Siltech Gen 2, . I believe Bob M. had a demo day as well similiar results so maybe he would post the contenders.

charles

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 08:14:58 AM »
Here's a link to a shootout I did some time ago (2 years), and it doesn't include all of the current favorites that many people are talking about.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=50799.0
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »
... It bested every cord we tried. No names to protect the innocent.

OK, no names but how about a hint at the price range of what you compared it to?   And, did you try it on any components other than the Oppo?

Just curious... Thanks!

$350 and up. . Only the Oppo at the meeting. My demo was on the Lector CDP. My amp is hard wired as well as the preamp. The Cyber 211s are being modded as we speak so they are next. 
   Bob your latest findings.

charles