Author Topic: Pangea Powercords The real deal ?  (Read 63936 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Pangea Powercords The real deal ?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »
Why stop at romex, let's put  in bussbar :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 10:39:03 AM »
My kinda guy!  :thumb:  But I guess there's something to be said for NEC. But to stay legal with hardwired romex, you have to bolt the amps to the structure so the romex is never exposed.  Try explaining that to the fire marshall, God forbid he should come over for a visit someday.  :shock:

Offline tmazz

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »
Details, details.....................

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »
 I don't get it. The owner Jay Victor holds over 40 patents in wire design.

I don't know Jay Victor (never heard of him until this thread) nor do I really care about Pangea but you do realize just how easy it is to get a patent right? If your making a buying decision based on the number of patents somebody holds, you are making a misinformed buying decision.

Last time I checked Bose and Monster (and others) had their fair share of patents and I think we all know what level of performance you can expect with those lines. I'm not saying this guy's cords aren't any good as like I said I don't know them (they look similar to PS Audio's) but the number of patents is meaningless.

You assume a lot. Did I touch a nerve ? Why is it every time I post about a new inexpensive cord or talk about the business  you attack. Is it personal ?
  Ever since I asked you for a demo like everyone else you tell me " Buy one to find out" not interested. I have heard your high priced cord at the Rave meetings and in my home. Looks great, costs a lot and did not stay because my other less expensive cords frankly were better, much better actually.
 I could care less about what you think about Mr. Victor.  His products are flying off the shelves are yours ? Can't have enough stock. Remember I was a Manf. and dealer. So do not talk to me about pricing of cords ICs and the like. One of the highest profit margin items there is in all of audio.
   Yeah this time you pissed me off. You are entitled to your opinion as well as me but your negative attitude is obvious. Yes I'm sensitive.
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »
Yes I'm sensitive.

It's OK Charles, you're in good company...

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:46:39 AM by richidoo »

Offline tmazz

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »
Is that pic from the Tiger Woods collection?

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline richidoo

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »
At this rate, very well could be. I wouldn't mind reading her naughty texts.

She does have a freckle on left hip though, damn shame. 

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »

Did I touch a nerve ?

I could ask you the same thing...but honestly, no you didn't. I actually find your ramblings amusing most of the time.

Why is it every time I post about a new inexpensive cord or talk about the business  you attack. Is it personal ?

Attack? Your doing the attacking there amigo, not me. I also think your over reacting just a little. As for the business side of things, I'm in it therefore I have a right to talk on the subject and as a result, I like to think I know at least a little on the subject. If you don't like my posts, do what I do with most of yours, ignore them and move on.

Ever since I asked you for a demo like everyone else you tell me " Buy one to find out" not interested.

Ahhh the truth comes out. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but it is what it is.

I have heard your high priced cord at the Rave meetings and in my home. Looks great, costs a lot and did not stay because my other less expensive cords frankly were better, much better actually.

Forgive me if I don't fall over in shock hearing that you didn't like my cords. Why ask for a demo in the first place?.....and you wonder why I couldn't be bothered to send one. I think anybody who reads this would have done the same thing if they were in my shoes.

I could care less about what you think about Mr. Victor.

Sorry but when did I say anything about this guy? I said I didn't know the guy. Sorry if that in some way bugs you. :duh

His products are flying off the shelves are yours ?

Dam...my bad. I didnt realize you worked for him and based on your comment, you must have access to his sales history. Is that why you are on here promoting his stuff? As for my sales, I do fine.....thanks for asking.

Remember I was a Manf. and dealer. So do not talk to me about pricing of cords ICs and the like. One of the highest profit margin items there is in all of audio.
When the hell did I talk to you about pricing of cords and the like?

Yeah this time you pissed me off. You are entitled to your opinion as well as me but your negative attitude is obvious. Yes I'm sensitive.

So this is my problem or yours? As for my negative attitude, you don't know me so please keep what you think you know to yourself as you don't have a clue.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »
Damn!  It's today?  You mean today is MakeAnAssOfYourself Day?   :duh  Hah!  I swear, I've witnessed at least a half dozen similarly silly arguments today.  Must be something in the air....

Just my 2 cents worth but....

Charles - you kinda over-reacted
John - should have just left it alone
Rich - great picture! (no, not the boobies... oh wait, yes, the boobies, just not the birds  :rofl:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:51:51 PM by mdconnelly »

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:43 PM »

John - should have just left it alone

Agreed......but sometimes shit happens!  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »
Yes I'm sensitive.

It's OK Charles, you're in good company...

(picture deleted by admin - not appropriate for work)

Hey....is this photo "safe for work" ?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:46:10 AM by richidoo »

Offline richidoo

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 06:40:42 AM »
Sorry LW, I forgot.  Problem fixed:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:44:58 AM by richidoo »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »
  First, to all who have  read this thread let me make one thing perfectly clear. I do not represent Pangea or any other manf. Second I auditioned the BS cord AFTER being rejected. BTW it was after your rejection that I was able to try them out.  :duh Hey another dealer here sent me JPS cables to audition $9500 worth for a free demo . I bought the  SC3 ICs, loved the Aluminata Spkr. cables but passed at $7500. I was curious to hear your PC since many have been pleased with it. So why not. Hey just because I have a problem with pricing of such, doesn't mean I would not bite. I have invested over $50,000 in my system. So I'm not cheap just sensible, well most of the times anyway. Loving my JPS SC3 ICs :drool: at the moment.  Other cables in the house are Omega Mikro PC, Tara Decade IC 5mtr., Siltec PC, ESP PC, Morey James SC,Essence SC, Eclipse SC, Supra SC and IC, Harmonix Golden Ratio IC, JPS SC3 IC and Stealth Dream ribbons SC.  Around $10,500 worth of cables.  Yes I agree that all those cables sound fine. The difference is subtle and again IMO not worth the difference in money, well unless money didn't matter, but it does. Hmmm $2000 for [2] powercords or a new Soundsmith cart. for $1600. and $400 left over for music. Again prudent buying that's all I'm trying to convey here. My take my opinion.  Not DISSING yours or any other PC just pricing of the industry. :duh
   I have played the game for a long time [over 30 years] and have realized most of it if not all is BS hype, marketing and the like. Then comes along a cable like Supra at less than $6/ft. and equals some, or betters most of them. Or Anti cable Silver ICs with Eichman  or dislike for you or your product, it just appears to me that you do. You do sell PC correct. other than to alert my fellow AN members with interesting products.at a reasonable price. The Pangea may be a piece of crap but then again it may not. At the priceits worth a go . If it does not satisfy send back or use for TV or computer.
 I apologize for my over reaction but I'm Italian so forgive me. At least we both get arseholes of the day award so peace you have youropinions I have mine. Live andlet live.

MERY CHRISTMAS

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
I apologize for my over reaction but I'm Italian so forgive me.

Is that why you picked the smiley that looks like it is talking with its hand???  :duh

Funny, I tend to use that one a lot as well.   :thumb: Never made the connection until I read your last post.

Buon Natale!  :D/

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9