Author Topic: Usher Be-20 Crossover  (Read 13153 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Usher Be-20 Crossover
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 05:30:11 PM »
Exactly!

Tdangelo

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:55 AM »
Hi Rich, as you know I changed out the xovers in my BE-20's with the Danny Richie designed/built xovers.  If you decide to come to the audio show in Jacksonville, FL (AXPONA) next March, your welcome to stop over for a listen.  I'm about 30min south of Jax.  I know it's a ways off but I thought I'd mention it.  I ended up selling the ARC 210's and the BAT pre and replaced them with the latest ASR Emitter II Exclusive.  I never liked how the 210's handled bass on the 20's - the ASR is a perfect - not only with the bass but everything else.  I'm not missing the 210's at all ;)

Tony

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
I was counting on seeing you in jax next year, can't wait to meet you and hear the system! Thanks for the invite Tony.  The ASR is an amazing amp, it will be fun to hear it on such a revealling speaker.

I have some 300Bs on the Ushers now, believe it or not they make great music, just missing bass control, but that's to be expected. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make for the moment, but not for long.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it down to Jax.  Maybe bring Glenn and the Korato big stuff if I can find a good speaker company.  Rick?  Listening?

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Selah Audio

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it down to Jax.  Maybe bring Glenn and the Korato big stuff if I can find a good speaker company.  Rick?  Listening?

Bryan

Sure, I would be up for that.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
OK.  PM me or I'll drop you a note.  I have no idea yet what the rooms are like there to determine what would be appropriate.  If they're like Denver, a mid monitor would likely be the best choice.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley