Author Topic: An Afternoon At The Crack House  (Read 280500 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: An Afternoon At The Crack House
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »
You know guys something just hit me. Gene, the two Bill's (eleazar & StereoNut) and myself all had a really good week for software foraging. Do you think it was coincidental that this was the same week that Jerome was too busy building his new computer to do any music shpping?  :-k Maybe we should all take up a collection and once a year buy Jerome some computer parts so he takes a break from shopping for a while and leaves some good stuff behind for us?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

All kidding aside, I really like reading about Jerome's conquests (as well as everybody else's). Hearing about somebody else's good fortune in music hunting is almost as much fun as finding things yourself.  aa (Hey, I did say almost.   #-o)

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how crazy we all are in this hobby.   :lol:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

eleazar

« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2011, 02:11:22 PM »
You know guys something just hit me. Gene, the two Bill's (eleazar & StereoNut) and myself all had a really good week for software foraging. Do you think it was coincidental that this was the same week that Jerome was too busy building his new computer to do any music shpping?   Maybe we should all take up a collection and once a year buy Jerome some computer parts so he takes a break from shopping for a while and leaves some good stuff behind for us?     

All kidding aside, I really like reading about Jerome's conquests (as well as everybody else's). Hearing about somebody else's good fortune in music hunting is almost as much fun as finding things yourself.   (Hey, I did say almost.   )

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how crazy we all are in this hobby.   

You're right Tmazz sometimes it is just crazy, but if wasn't for this what the hell would I do. I've said before I'm a dull boy. This is my only hobby.

Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?
Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?
Goody two, Goody two, Goody Goody two shoes

jsaliga

« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
You know guys something just hit me. Gene, the two Bill's (eleazar & StereoNut) and myself all had a really good week for software foraging. Do you think it was coincidental that this was the same week that Jerome was too busy building his new computer to do any music shpping?  :-k Maybe we should all take up a collection and once a year buy Jerome some computer parts so he takes a break from shopping for a while and leaves some good stuff behind for us?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

All kidding aside, I really like reading about Jerome's conquests (as well as everybody else's). Hearing about somebody else's good fortune in music hunting is almost as much fun as finding things yourself.  aa (Hey, I did say almost.   #-o)

Sometimes you just have to laugh at how crazy we all are in this hobby.   :lol:

Not really so busy with the new computer as I am busy with projects for clients.  I don't think you guys have anything to worry about from me.  8)  If anything, I probably overpay for much of my vinyl because I can't get out to the local shops to snag the really good deals.  You guys buy records for less than $1 that I would be embarassed to say how much I paid.  I'm not complaining though.  I get some good deals too, but nothing like what you, Gene, and Bill get on a regular basis.

--Jerome

eleazar

« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »
Purchased locally

1. Pink Floyd ~ Dark Side Of The Moon    MFSL
2. The Beatles ~ Abbey Road                  MFSL
3. The Allman Brothers Band ~ Live At The Fillmore      Nautilus Super Disc

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
Bill - you are loading up on the MFSLs like a champ!

No more 50 cent room specials for you!

So tell me, when you go to pay for those do moths fly out of your wallet?  :rofl:
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

eleazar

« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
Bill - you are loading up on the MFSLs like a champ!

No more 50 cent room specials for you!

So tell me, when you go to pay for those do moths fly out of your wallet?  :rofl:

No Gene I checked them out yesterday then I sent Cathy to do a  pay and pick-up  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »
Enabler!

eleazar

« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2011, 05:06:38 PM »
Enabler!
What you talkin' bout Willis

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »
When I get the new tt you'll have to bring some of them down to test it. Especially DSOTM.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

eleazar

« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
When I get the new tt you'll have to bring some of them down to test it. Especially DSOTM.

You got it Kemo Sabe  :thumb:

Offline tmazz

« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Anther big clearance sale at the Crack House this weekend. All CDs and LPs were being blown out at 2 for 99 cents. I ended up getting 30 CDs and 5 LPs for $14.50. Before you say it, I know the math doesn't work out. and when I tried to explain this to the cashier she just kept saying "No, I count." After 3 tries, I just gave up and handed her the $14.50.

That makes 75 CDs this week alone.  :D  Now I am really behind on my listening and posting. :roll:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:38:07 PM by tmazz »

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

eleazar

« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »
Anther big clearance sale at the Crack House this weekend. All CDs and LPs were being blown out at 2 for 99 cents. I ended up getting 30 CDs and 5 LPs for $14.50. Before you say it, I know the math doesn't work out. and when I tried to explain this to the cashier she just kept saying "No, I count." After 3 tries, I just gave up and handed her the $14.50.

That makes 75 CDs this week alone.  :D  Now I am really behind on my listening and posting. :roll:

Maybe to catch up you could listen while you sleep 300 cd players are still available. :rofl:

Offline tmazz

« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2011, 11:32:45 PM »

That makes 75 CDs this week alone.  :D  Now I am really behind on my listening and posting. :roll:

Maybe to catch up you could listen while you sleep 300 cd players are still available. :rofl:

Sleep? I still have discs left!  :roll:

....and I get to take advantage of that clean overnight AC power.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:35:03 PM by tmazz »

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

eleazar

« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2011, 04:02:09 AM »

Tom is seems to me that you have the one and only true Crack House. Again $14.50 for 35 items, the rest of have go to cheap rip-off crack houses  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2011, 04:17:26 AM »
14.50???????

Sounds like immigrant math. :shock: