Self Medicating > Speaker Building

Vifa alnico M13-08-08...

<< < (2/2)

jimbones:

--- Quote from: rollo on June 17, 2020, 11:07:45 AM ---  Sucks indeed. I now use private carriers for gear to customers. More expensive yes however never any damage. Priorty mail for cables and small hard to destroy products.

charles

--- End quote ---

Charles you are tempting the delivery services. Maybe their new motto will be. We can destroy even hard to damage stuff!

Folsom:
What private carriers are there?

I find USPS with flatrate priority boxes works really well because it's an automated system.

Any box not filled somewhat tightly larger than the small flat rate USPS box is more likely to get damaged. The best thing you can do is pack tightly enough. And yet there's still always a way to have something destroyed or lost.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: Folsom on June 17, 2020, 02:51:17 PM ---What private carriers are there?

I find USPS with flatrate priority boxes works really well because it's an automated system.

Any box not filled somewhat tightly larger than the small flat rate USPS box is more likely to get damaged. The best thing you can do is pack tightly enough. And yet there's still always a way to have something destroyed or lost.

--- End quote ---
+1 on the tightly packed box.  Proper shipping practices are:

A sturdy box
Reinforced corners
Pack to the max!

I rtegularly ship imternational parcels and they get there just fine because I do the above.  International shipments are really hard on the 8 corners of the boxes due to the conveyor loading and off loading.

I have a good customer in Slovenia that get an 80% discount from FedEx over what I can get.  He pays freight on his orders and they take 4 days from shipping to receiving.  I have a USPS Priority Express  (3-5 day delivery!   :roll:  ) packge that was shipped to Germany on 14 March that finally arrived in France on its way to Germany 2 days ago...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version