Author Topic: Yamaha TX-492 AM/FM Tuner  (Read 5472 times)

GTDS

Yamaha TX-492 AM/FM Tuner
« on: February 27, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »
This listing is for a Yamaha TX-492 AM/FM Tuner.

The original MSRP for the tuner was $309. The asking price here is $100 or best offer.

It has been used minimally and well taken care of. There is residue on the front of it from an attached RF remote control light. There is not much wear, otherwise. It was originally used with a multi-room system.

These components are available for worldwide shipping paid for by the buyer with required insurance.

Local pick up in NYC is welcomed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:21:52 PM by GTDS »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Yamaha TX-492 AM/FM Tuner
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »
These components are available for worldwide shipping paid for by the buyer with required insurance.

Are you a dealer?

GTDS

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:54:21 AM »

Are you a dealer?

Hi,

No, I am not a dealer.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »
I can think of a whole bunch of other things that would describe you GTDS.

First impressions are key here and all you are doing is just hocking your audio crap at questionable prices. No interaction at all at any of the varying topics here. Just quick hits to the classifieds.

To me if you want to sell your crap for free head onto Audio Asylum Trader, craigslst or US Audio Mart. Your kind isn't welcome here.

Now I know why in the Polk Audio forum they put a minimum # of posts before one has access to the classifieds. To weed out people like you.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
I agree this situation looked suspicious to me too.  I sent GTDS a message and he responded favorably to participating at AN. 

When I redesign the forum, you won't be able to post in classified until you've had some interactions in other forums first.  I think that's a good rule.

I don't think there was any ill-intention here based on our conversation... But I have requested more participation and soon from GTDS. 

Please don't make up a story for someone before you know what's up... and if something or someone really ruffles your feathers, please use the 'report to moderator' button with an explanation.

Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

GTDS

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »
Hi,

Just seeing the more recent posts here.

I read the rules for AudioNervosa and the Classifieds section before making any posts and there wasn't any specific info about some aspects of the etiquette you mention, but I understand where you're coming from.

I actually learned of this site and perused it a while before registering because I found it intriguing.

I have observed that many forums--for all kinds of interests--do require specific user behavior before members can access certain features, so I know what you mean.

I actually appreciate that different forums have their own various cultures, which is it what makes them what they are.

I tried to heed some of the feedback on my other posts. Just getting acclimated, you know...

Thank You

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
I agree this situation looked suspicious to me too.  I sent GTDS a message and he responded favorably to participating at AN. 

When I redesign the forum, you won't be able to post in classified until you've had some interactions in other forums first.  I think that's a good rule.

I don't think there was any ill-intention here based on our conversation... But I have requested more participation and soon from GTDS. 

Please don't make up a story for someone before you know what's up... and if something or someone really ruffles your feathers, please use the 'report to moderator' button with an explanation.

Thanks,
Carl

I gotcha Carl. Big lesson learned for me. Going forward I will refrain from jumping to conclusions, running in with guns a blazing and going into attack mode. I'll be A LOT more careful going forward. Thanks

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 02:28:30 PM »
Thanks to all here.
I deleted all the posts that were not about the item for sale in the other threads. 
I will make a new rule about posting in the classifieds when I redo the site software... sometime.  The rule thing is not urgent to me.

GTDS, if you want, create a new ad for your tuner and I'll delete this thread.

Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »
Hi,

Just seeing the more recent posts here.

I read the rules for AudioNervosa and the Classifieds section before making any posts and there wasn't any specific info about some aspects of the etiquette you mention, but I understand where you're coming from.

I actually learned of this site and perused it a while before registering because I found it intriguing.

I have observed that many forums--for all kinds of interests--do require specific user behavior before members can access certain features, so I know what you mean.

I actually appreciate that different forums have their own various cultures, which is it what makes them what they are.

I tried to heed some of the feedback on my other posts. Just getting acclimated, you know...

Thank You

GTDS,

This really is a great place to hang out and a lot of guys do so simply to avoid a lot of the BS that goes on in some of the other audio sites. Sometimes people get a little over protective in an effort to keep the BS from migration over here and messing things up. But it looks like cooler heads have prevailed. Welcome aboard and I hope none of this scares you off.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables