Author Topic: How's your hearing  (Read 6871 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: How's your hearing
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
  I'm in the above normal range whatever that means.  Shoot I can hear a grasshopper piss on the cotton. Its the Fly farts that really bother me. My name "Ears" charles ears BTW I take my Martinis stirred not shaken.
  SS cannot hide from these ears.  :rofl:.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »
So what was your score o eary one (or is that eerie)?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »
This is one of those quotes that should be on the first page of "How to be an audiophile".
Very true, and well said. Thank you.

Bob

Bob, when you think about it the goal of a high end system is to reproduce what you would experience at a live concert. The effect of your particular hearing would really cancel out if what you hear at home is the same as what you hear live. I believe that the differences in peoples system taste have a lot to do with each persons hearing. There are many different facets of musical sound (frequency response {tonality}, space perception {width & height} etc.) Not only do people vary as to their sensitivity to these various facets, but equipment also varies in its ability to deal with them. For a critical listener (audiophile)  the best match will come when they can find equipment (or a system) that performs particularly well win the areas that their own hearing is particularly sensitive.

Your hearing is the only thing in the audio chain that you cannot change, so don't stress over how good or bad it is and just build around it.

Offline TooManyToys

• Seeking Help
  • Jersey Shore (Not Seaside!)
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
When I was a kid, ......... I could tell which houses were watching TV because the flyback transformers emitted a very loud (to me) shrill tone around 20K.  Different flybacks produced different frequencies and I even knew which houses had more than one television (gasp!). 
My super human hearing has been replaced by Tinniitis. 

Same situation.  Some TVs used to really bother me.  Now I'm wondering when it will be time to sell off everything and buy Bose  :duh
If it's too loud, you're too middle aged.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »
Your ears aren't THAT bad yet!   :rofl: