Author Topic: An Interesting Blog from a Local Hi-End Audio Store  (Read 3853 times)

Bigfish8

An Interesting Blog from a Local Hi-End Audio Store
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:50 AM »
I thought some of you guys might enjoy reading the information posted in the following link from the owner of Audio Advice, a high-end audio video store in Raleigh.  The information is his opinion of the best products of 2010:

http://www.audioadvice.com/blog/audio-advice-news/2010/leons-best-of-2010/

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: An Interesting Blog from a Local Hi-End Audio Store
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Yes interesting, but I lost interest after the iPad and MiniMac.

Bigfish8

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:19:48 PM »

I own both products.  The Mini serves as a USB server to a DAC and the Ipad is the wife's toy.  With a SS Drive I believe it would be difficult to find a better music server.  YRMV.

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »

What does this comment mean?  You were interested but then, just as you reached the last 2 paragraphs you suddenly lost all interest and couldn't read any further?  I know when I'm on the go, I only have the attention span for 4 paragraphs, not 6...  ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 03:11:56 AM »
I kept reading, but lighting controls (to create what is called "scenes") is nothing new and only really needed for mansions, geeks, or bachelor make outs.  And HT is a low priority for me (I have a 5.1 system with 50 inch Sony in another room) but it is way better than I care for.  The 50 inch was bought when I needed eye surgery and the sound stuff was a completion of a former audio system (and the wires handing out of the wall for the rear channels that we ran when we built were driving me bozo's).

djdube525

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »
With a SS Drive I believe it would be difficult to find a better music server.  YRMV.

Are you putting all your music on your SS Drive? Is space a concern, or did you pony up for a large SS Drive?