Author Topic: Free Qobuz 3-Month Trial  (Read 30145 times)

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Free Qobuz 3-Month Trial
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 08:38:46 PM »
I just tried the CEDIA2018 code and was successful in registering for a 2nd account in case someone else wants to try registering again.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 10:03:14 PM »
I just tried the CEDIA2018 code and was successful in registering for a 2nd account in case someone else wants to try registering again.

I tried signing up twice on my iPad and am stuck in a loop. Their “try for free” sometimes leads to a page in French showing Euro prices. It’s not worth any further hassle. Those that can sign up, pls let us know how you like it.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 05:56:36 AM »
I'm hoping since they're headline sponsors for RMAF this year, they make a big splash with free (US) trials there. Roon integration is also a must for me.
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 06:25:28 AM »

I tried signing up twice on my iPad and am stuck in a loop. Their “try for free” sometimes leads to a page in French showing Euro prices. It’s not worth any further hassle. Those that can sign up, pls let us know how you like it.

Sorry, you are having so much trouble Nick.  When I tried it from the browser it always took me to Great Britan's website with a popup saying Qobuz isn't available in your country and the URL that was displayed was https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/close/us-en.  If I changed it to https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/ which gave me the option to sign up on the top right hand corner.

I should have posted that information.  Sorry about that.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 06:34:12 AM »
I'm hoping since they're headline sponsors for RMAF this year, they make a big splash with free (US) trials there. Roon integration is also a must for me.

I am assuming that we are likely to see similar codes for RMAF, Capital Audiofest and NY Audio Show also, since they are listed as the official streaming partner for all 3 shows.  I believe a lot of people are waiting for the Roon integration before they will try Qobuz.  According to the article on Parttimeaudiophile Roon support is coming fall.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 08:12:25 AM »
Thanks D. I tried again on that page, but I get an error message saying the user already exists. I don’t really want to set up a third user name right now as I’m getting ready for a vacation,  but may try again a little later.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 08:50:53 AM »
If you already have an account, just signin with the existing account.  Go under your account and select "My Profile", check the "I have a gift code" enter code and you should be all set, hopefully.  Qobuz seems to be doing a lot of infrastructure updates recently so occasionally you are likely to see "Internal error 500 messages".  I have run into that only once over the last 3 or so weeks that I have been using Qobuz.  My current assumption is that they are putting the infrastructure in place for US roll out.  I wish they would put up an announcement about when they are doing the upgrades so folks do not panic.  It kind of leaves a bad impression if you are trying to roll it out and have people interested in their service.

The "Official Qobuz Issues Thread" have two Qobuz employees actively participating and accepting users feedback.  David Craff is listed as Product Manager for Qobuz under Linkedin and David Solomon is listed as "David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist".

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 08:55:40 AM »
Thanks for all the good info!

Qobuz.com says it's not available in my country. :(  But I assume it is available in your country... ;)

I use a sms200 which hosts a BubbleUpnp server. Are you saying can I use Qobuz windows app to beam obuz stream to my Upnp server? And same with some other Android Upnp app on my phone can play Qobuz to Upnp also?

Ever try foobar2000 as UPnP client? I think of it as a file player, but can it control internet streams like Qobuz?
Thanks,
UPnpNoob

Crap, I forgot to circle back to your message Rich about "Qobuz.com says it's not available in my country.".  Sorry about that.

If you go to https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/ you should be able to register.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
I was able to sign up for an account via this qb-en URL and used the CEDIA2018 code for a 3 month trial.  Didn't even need to enter payment information.

But, the site does show me in United Kingdom and will not let me change that.    Still, good opportunity to play with it.  It will be very interesting to see how (and when) Roon integrates Qobuz.   

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Glad someone else were able to register with the code.  For now your account is going to stay in UK but my understanding based on other forums is the accounts are going to be converted to US once it is officially available in US.  The big question is going to are all you favorites in UK have the same content licensing agreements in place.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
I got mine going as well.

Thanks D!  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »
If you already have an account, just signin with the existing account.  Go under your account and select "My Profile", check the "I have a gift code" enter code and you should be all set, hopefully.  Qobuz seems to be doing a lot of infrastructure updates recently so occasionally you are likely to see "Internal error 500 messages".  I have run into that only once over the last 3 or so weeks that I have been using Qobuz.  My current assumption is that they are putting the infrastructure in place for US roll out.  I wish they would put up an announcement about when they are doing the upgrades so folks do not panic.  It kind of leaves a bad impression if you are trying to roll it out and have people interested in their service.

The "Official Qobuz Issues Thread" have two Qobuz employees actively participating and accepting users feedback.  David Craff is listed as Product Manager for Qobuz under Linkedin and David Solomon is listed as "David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist".

D, after I  sign in and then go to profile, the next webpage is suddenly in French. I clicked on a few buttons, but no luck. Maybe the issue is simply where the Quobuz server is on the west coast....I’m in Utah. Using the app itself puts me in a loop advising a free trial is unavailable.  Thanks anyway
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 06:44:36 PM »
Nick, use Google Chrome browser and it will automatically translate French to English , if you want to try it.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 11:20:04 PM »
Nick, use Google Chrome browser and it will automatically translate French to English , if you want to try it.

Deepak,
I’m getting closer....logged in and started using the web player on my iPad with Google translator. Quobuz downloads the songs and starts playing them, but no sound. Not sure how to fix that one.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »

Deepak,
I’m getting closer....logged in and started using the web player on my iPad with Google translator. Quobuz downloads the songs and starts playing them, but no sound. Not sure how to fix that one.
Nick

Not sure what is going on with your account?  If you successfully entered the code, you can try the Qobuz application on the iPad or you can configure the Auralic mini to stream Qobuz.