Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Electrical Question

(1/2) > >>

James Edward:
I’ll set this out as best I can… Audio Nervosa at its worst.
I have one duplex outlet for my audio equipment. It was wired (before I was here) so that the lower outlet is on a switch- to facilitate turning a light on/off, etc.
I have it in my head that there is detrimental effect of some kind with that switch; if this is so, should I plug everything into a strip from the non-switched outlet? I use a ‘purist’ strip- no switch, no light , no breaker, no power conditioning or surge protection.
https://www.alliedelec.com/product/wiremold/l10320/70091760/
I currently plug the amp into the unswitched outlet, and the strip into the switched- the strip powers my TT, cd player, and Node 2 streamer…
More to this I guess, but any thoughts/opinions, etc., appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

James Edward:
I’ll break it down to this- do you think/know if there is a qualitative difference between the switched part of the outlet and the non-switched?

steve:

--- Quote from: James Edward on May 17, 2022, 02:54:40 PM ---I’ll set this out as best I can… Audio Nervosa at its worst.
I have one duplex outlet for my audio equipment. It was wired (before I was here) so that the lower outlet is on a switch- to facilitate turning a light on/off, etc.
I have it in my head that there is detrimental effect of some kind with that switch; if this is so, should I plug everything into a strip from the non-switched outlet? I use a ‘purist’ strip- no switch, no light , no breaker, no power conditioning or surge protection.
https://www.alliedelec.com/product/wiremold/l10320/70091760/
I currently plug the amp into the unswitched outlet, and the strip into the switched- the strip powers my TT, cd player, and Node 2 streamer…
More to this I guess, but any thoughts/opinions, etc., appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

--- End quote ---

Hi James,

I would suggest not using a strip as that will negatively affect the sonics. Using a switched outlet is probably detrimental as well. The main problem is not enough power supply filtering sections to eliminate rectifier and before affects of
the music, which includes AC power source.

Jenalabs sells good (might ask about croyed) outlets the last time I checked. Of course there are also other companies that sell quality outlets as well.

E-MAIL:
e-mail@jenalabs.com     Will be seen by Jennifer first.
mail@jenatek.com         Will be seen by Michael first.

Cheers and good luck on endeavors Jim.

steve

rollo:
   For best results change duplex. It would be best to have dedicated lines. One for digital and one for analog. Then condition each line. Done.

charles

James Edward:
Well. I am trying a PI Audio ‘Uber Puerto’ outlet to feed the system. After install, I am simply using the unswitched half to feed the power strip I mentioned. My amp is 30 wpc, so I’m certainly not overreaching.
The Puerto grips the plug like crazy, and I do feel I’m hearing more subtle musical cues. I’d consider it an upgrade- something good’s happening here. It’s the little things…
When I cut power, I also realized there are more outlets on the circuit than I knew; wall warts and a dimmer are being addressed too.
More to come…
PS- Due to the construction layout of my house, and location of my electrical panel, there is no way to run a dedicated line without great expense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version