Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

Quietline filters by Audioprism

(1/4) > >>

malloy:
I have three of these. http://www.audioprism.com/quietline.html

Anyone use them and know what is in them/how they work?

The only thing they seem to do is make the sound brighter. I removed them.

Paul

BobM:
They are fundamentally just an X or Y capacitor across the AC line, from + to -. I think there could also be a resistor in there as well. They shunt AC noise on the line to ground, giving you a cleaner electrical signal for any other component plugged into that same outlet. Great if you have light dimmers in the room or some other surge or noisy appliance on the same AC line.

If your system got brighter it's because you were hearing AC noise before.

Nick B:
Paul,

I used a number of them many years ago….probably 6-8… and they made things sound less harsh. Got rid of them as they used up too many outlets.

rollo:
  Do not use in system. Use at appliance outlets such as Refrig, Boiler, AC, etc.

charles

Triode Pete:

--- Quote from: BobM on October 19, 2021, 04:33:55 AM ---They are fundamentally just an X or Y capacitor across the AC line, from + to -. I think there could also be a resistor in there as well. They shunt AC noise on the line to ground, giving you a cleaner electrical signal for any other component plugged into that same outlet. Great if you have light dimmers in the room or some other surge or noisy appliance on the same AC line.

If your system got brighter it's because you were hearing AC noise before.

--- End quote ---

They're effective at removing high frequency noise or signals. I had trouble initially setting up TP Link AC Powerline Ethernet Adapter. The TP Link basically sends digital data over my 120V 60Hz AC lines (into my Innuos Music server). It transforms my home's existing electrical circuit into a high-speed network with no need for new wires or drilling and brings wired network to anywhere there is a power outlet... Pretty cool!

However, I had a Quietline filter plugged into the same circuit as the TP Link and it "filtered" the digital signal... Removed it & all worked! LOL!

Cheers,
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version