Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

NEW SMALLER LISTENING ROOM - WHAT AM I NOT THINKING OF...???

<< < (2/6) > >>

toobluvr:
None.  Bare wire.  Doing my research, that's what all the guys that are into this "vintage-ish" cable say is best.

Fine by me.  Save some bux.

Also eliminated my jumpers in the process -- more savings.   Just strip it long enough such that it runs up through both pair of binding posts.  I saw another guy who didn't have binding posts with holes just wrap it around the lower post, then wrap it around the upper post, then tighten down and secure with the nuts.  Certainly can't argue with the purist approach, and reducing links in the chain. 

Like this, except I don't know how he managed to keep the insulation on the end, and still thread it through the binding post holes.   

Nick B:

--- Quote from: toobluvr on April 29, 2021, 04:35:27 PM ---None.  Bare wire.  Doing my research, that's what all the guys that are into this "vintage-ish" cable say is best.

Fine by me.  Save some bux.

Also eliminated my jumpers in the process -- more savings.   Just strip it long enough such that it runs up through both pair of binding posts.  I saw another guy who didn't have binding posts with holes just wrap it around the lower post, then wrap it around the upper post, then tighten down and secure with the nuts.  Certainly can't argue with the purist approach, and reducing links in the chain. 

Like this, except I don't know how he managed to keep the insulation on the end, and still thread it through the binding post holes.   

--- End quote ---

Well, it looks quite good and if it sounds great, that’s all that matters  :thumb:

S Clark:
The room dimensions aren't bad. The main issue is the glass behind the speaker location.  I'd get rid of the blinds, and get a set of heavy curtains.  Add a pair of bass traps for the corners, and you've got the makings of a nice room.  I like diffusers between speakers, and some may suggest absorbers at midway point to the listening position on the sidewalls. 
But I'd wait for Dave to chime in.  He knows much more than I do. 

rollo:
  Decent size room. Set speakers 7 ft apart center to center. Bring out 1/3 into room for starters for starters.  Amps can be put on floor keeping speaker cables the same. Maybe a longer IC. I would be happy to come over and help ya. My architectural/audio services are free for you.

charles

StereoNut:
Hi Charles

Thanks for the instructions and offer to help. I am months away from this actually happening. I’m just planning ahead and gathering up ideas. As usual, thanks for being a great resource for all things audio.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version