Author Topic: JPS SC-3 - Thanks Shane!  (Read 2642 times)

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
JPS SC-3 - Thanks Shane!
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »
I just needed to blurt out that I'm very, very happy with the way my computer audio system is sounding these days.

I'm not one who believes in a best anything, especially cables. I've got a collection of them in my system that I've accumulated, keeping just the ones that made my system sound better and more enjoyable to my ears, and sending back or selling the ones that didn't. Its definitely a synergy thing with me.

This Fall I got on the digital bandwagon with an Apple TV. Cool interface and convinience so I tried a couple low priced dacs, keeping a Musical Fidelity V-dac in the process. I could tell the V-dac had potential, but none of the interconnects in my collection would fully tame a bit of digital zip and general light weight sound.

From a previous audition of Shane's 2 meter demo JPS SC-3 I knew it was the most relaxed and full bodied interconnect I had run across, but I wasn't quite ready to part with the cash because I was also happy with my other cables.

Now I had a need for the SC3 and Shane sold me a 1 meter version. A few months have gone by now and I think I have reached full breakin for the V-dac and the interconnects because the system sounds glorious. Soundstage and openness have bloomed where it once sounded rather narrow and closed. I can also keep the amp at its power sweet spot now, even with the Apple TV on shuffle play, and not have to jump up to cut the volume on the more difficult or revealing recordings.

I was going to write this note of thanks last night while putting down some good beer, but I didn't want to leave the listening chair.

Chris

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: JPS SC-3 - Thanks Shane!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:36 AM »
  Yes they are quite good as you have found. Enjoy !!  Yes Shane is the man.
charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: JPS SC-3 - Thanks Shane!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:18 AM »
Hi Chris, welcome to the purple cable club! Your membership card is in the mail.

I was curious about that V-DAC when it came out, got some nice reviews. Now maybe I'll get to hear it sometime!