Author Topic: need a 10' pair of sub cables  (Read 2645 times)

Offline RichardS

• Seeking Help
need a 10' pair of sub cables
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »
Guys, need some help with a subwoofer speaker cable recommendation....

Short version: Purchased a pair of Lyngdorf sub knock-offs. I need a 10' pair of cables to reach them from my Tact 2150 amp. They will be crossed at ~300Hz, so they're not really subs but woofers too.

Detailed version: These subs replace the biwired RBH I was using. I have two pairs of cables (piega Opus 1 and Rapport) that use biwire bananas so I can't use them. I could take a biwire spaded pair of Audience Maestro from another system and double up the spades, or I could buy a new pair of cables for the purpose. Since I have way too many other cables and equipment that I've been unable to sell (anyone want to buy my Selah Incredarrays?) I don't want to break the bank -- say $300-400 max. I love my JPS SC3 on my Piegas, and would love to use another pair of them on the woofs, but thy're way too much $$ and I'm not sure I need to spend such funds for this application.

Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: need a 10' pair of sub cables
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:57 AM »

1) Re-terminate the Rapports to be single wire with a spade... there isn't anything special about the coating on teh wires... so it's strip and crimp/solder.  Given the cost of those cables and the re-termination pricing, that would be my first choice.  The copper in it has a nice round, full bottom end as well...

2) UltraII or SuperQ have pretty good bottom end response in the same vein of SC3...  you're welcome to borrow a pair of 10 foot UltraII I have here to see if it would work...

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: need a 10' pair of sub cables
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:12:12 AM »
Richard,
      I'm running the JPS  SuperQ to my subs and am very happy with them (Thanks Shane  :thumb: ).  Ultra II would have been great too, but nervosa struck and I felt the need to put more $$ into it. I've since bought the Ultra II for another system and feel it's terrific there. 

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!