Author Topic: Anybody have experience?  (Read 4537 times)

shep

Anybody have experience?
« on: September 13, 2009, 03:23:58 AM »
http://www.latinternational.com/index.php/product/ss-1000%20mk%20ii%20%20new%20!!.html :)
Looks interesting and reasonably priced. I can't find where these are made. MAybe Russia?  They have limited but good reviews. Ican't find a Supra Sword or Straightwire Crescendo 2nd hand cheap so I'm looking around...

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Anybody have experience?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 04:47:19 AM »
Shep,

I have used a number of LAT cables, in the past. They are not 'bad' sounding cables, especially at the price point at which they used to be.

I haven't done a comparison against many of my newer cables, so I can't provide much helpful information along those lines.

Are you interested in IC's, SC's or PC's? Let me know which ones and I'll try to dig through my cable chest, and do a quick comparison.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

shep

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 05:43:41 AM »
They apparently have been seriously improved. Basically I'm in need of a good 8' pair of spkr cables to replace the solid core I've been using. I'm holding back on IC's until I get Grover's latest and decide if I love it or hate it.

Offline mboldda1

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »
Shep, take a look into these, you won't be disappointed.
http://www.pnfaudio.com/
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

shep

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:07:38 AM »
A memeber, Richard, has offered me a great deal on a pair of Supra Swords spkr cables. I'm totally pleased with this response and I'm sure it's going to take my system to another level. Now if Grover's latest ic's will just get here...

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »
A member, Richard, has offered me a great deal on a pair of Supra Swords spkr cables. I'm totally pleased with this response and I'm sure it's going to take my system to another level. Now if Grover's latest ic's will just get here...

Shep do it. I am so impressed with the Supra Ply speaker cable against my reference for many years { omega Mikro Active]. Neutral all the way with no highlighted frequencies. Dynamic, not thin or dark sounding. just right actually. The swords take it to another level in soundstaging and imaging and a bit better bass definition and SLAM.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »
Bump  :( Still looking, Supra Sword being the preferred. Richard is uneasy about sending to France.