Author Topic: Subwoofer cables (???)  (Read 3754 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Subwoofer cables (???)
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
I should be receiving my pair of ACI Titan XL subs next Tuesday  :drool:!

SO...here is the question...Has anyone had any positive/negative experience with 'subwoofer' interconnects...(these will need to be RCA)? If so, please elaborate.

I've numerous manufacture's IC's lying around already, but almost all of them are 1 meter, and I'm going to need at least 2 meters...in order to have enough room to move the subs to where they need to be.

Any thoughts, or experiences will be appreciated!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Black Sand Cable

Re: Subwoofer cables (???)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »
I have tried more then my fair share and I never heard a difference as long as I was using a properly shielded cable.

Based on that, I use good old Canare for my subs and it works rather well.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »
It does seem that the overall feeling is that IC's really matter in the mids and up... but no one seems to be definitive about bass.  Some IC's probably 'seem' more extended in the bass because of the way they affect the mids and highs.. but then, some probably really ARE more extended in the bass too...

I poked around with the same question but didn't get much info.  I ended up buying a blue jeans cable for my system... but I needed 30'.  If I only needed a 2m pair, I'd probably go a little nicer... Maybe DH Labs.. but I wouldn't spend 'real money' on a sub cable personally.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:15 AM »
  Have had good success with solid core wire than stranded wire. However still prefer using ICs than speaker cables.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.