Author Topic: Graphene Contact Enhancers  (Read 2124 times)

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Graphene Contact Enhancers
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:16:03 AM »
There's some discussion over on another forum over the release of a graphene contact enhancer to be marketed under the brand "Total Contact." There appears to be another on-line seller of a graphene based product madscientist-audio.com/presta/22-graphene-contact-enhancer. Out of curiosity, has anyone tried either product?

I'm thinking of cartridge pins for a minor tweak of vinyl playback.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Graphene Contact Enhancers
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »
You have come to the right place!  Probably 12-18 months ago, Rollo announced his enthusiasm about graphene contact enhancer.  I picked some powder on ebay and made a suspention in Caig De Oxit.  I sent some powder to Dave Elledge, and he's come up with his own formula.  I think he's ready to market it.  Send him a PM.

Forgot to add, my home brew added a slight increase in detail. So, all in all, a good tweek. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:40:44 AM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
I have played with the graphene contact solution and have sent samples to my BetaDudes.  My (and their) experience with it have all been positive.  Lower noise, creating a gas tight contact, better high frequencies, etc., etc.

When using graphene care must be taken to insure that iy is applied ONLY where you want it.  If one gets sloppy with it bad ju-ju will bite you (us?) in the butt.  It is as conductive as copper and being sloppy and shorting the connection is a very bad thing!  It can create the majik smoke that devastates gear.

All it takes is a very thin film on the male connector.  Just another one of the little tweaks that adds up with all of the other little tweaks to equal a solid improvement in SQ.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 11:21:37 AM »
  I concur Daves sample worked very well. A small improvement which turned out large. Top end and staging improved most. Meaning more info and separation of instruments.
 My advise is once applied use a cotton ball to soak up residue. As Dave suggested a thin film. Too much will deaden sound.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »
  I concur Daves sample worked very well. A small improvement which turned out large. Top end and staging improved most. Meaning more info and separation of instruments.
 My advise is once applied use a cotton ball to soak up residue. As Dave suggested a thin film. Too much will deaden sound.

charles

A MUST USE ON CART INSTALLATION AM I CLEAR.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
BUT IT DO IT NO REGRETS.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.