Music Ward > Music Discussion

Finding "new" composers

(1/3) > >>

S Clark:
I'm a classical and jazz listener.  And that means there's not much new under the sun, but sometimes you happen upon a lesser known gem. 
And in a box set of Spanish piano music is a cd of a composer I'd never heard of... Frederico Mompou, who composes little gems of music like pearls on a string.  Written mostly in the 1920s and later, they are part Eric Satie and part Claude Debussey.   Check them out.

rollo:
  Thanks. Recently discovered Mike Wofford Jazz piano.

charles

Folsom:
Are you listening to digital or LP's of Frederico Mompou?

S Clark:

--- Quote from: Folsom on July 31, 2020, 03:20:13 PM ---Are you listening to digital or LP's of Frederico Mompou?

--- End quote ---

I ran across his work in a cd box of Spanish piano music, but I've been looking around Discogs to see what available on vinyl.  When I get back from the beach in a day or so, I'll probably have an lp or two headed my way.
The cd set is "Espana Piano Works pianist Jean-Francois Heisser available at Amazon reasonably.

James Edward:
Just looked him up on Tidal- nitpicking yes, but the vast majority of his work is listed under frederic- frederico turned up very few results. I believe it’s the same person. Thanks, I will listen more tomorrow. As a good friend once said- “Piano music elevates the level of conversation”.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version