Author Topic: New & Existing Lines  (Read 14182 times)

Black Sand Cable

Re: New & Existing Lines
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
Well.....it took me over a year but I'm now happy with the lines below and unless something drastic happens, this should be it moving forward.....but I have been looking at Creek lately so who knows for sure.

AUDIOQUEST
ACROLINK
ACOUSTIC REVIVE
APOLLO HI FI
ATL (Canadian Distributor)
AUDIO ART
CR ELECTRONICS
CULLEN CIRCUITS (Canada's one and only authorized dealer!)
EPOS ACOUSTICS
EQUI=TECH (Canadian Distributor)
FEASTREX
NAD
NAD MASTER SERIES
OYAIDE
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PSB SPEAKERS
PS AUDIO
SAXON
SPECTRON AUDIO
SLIM DEVICES
SONOS
SOUND MECHANICS
TALK ELECTRONICS
TIVOLI AUDIO
WYRED4SOUND (Canada's one and only authorized dealer!)

One of the bigger changes was dropping Revolver Audio for Epos Acoustics and adding Wyred4Sound / Cullen Circuits. I already had the high end of digital covered with Spectron Audio but not everybody can afford it so I needed an alternative and after listening to a few manufactures, Wyred4Sound was an easy call (The new STP pre-amp from W4S is a killer piece!) Cullen Circuits was another easy one as more and more people were asking for modded PS Audio Digital Link III's and also Sonos stuff and if you want modded versions of either of these two, I don't think there is anybody more respected then Cullen.

Epos Acoustics (www.epos-acoustics.com) was another easy one as the stuff is crazy good and is very reasonable when it comes to the wallet.

Pair up a set of Epos M22i's or M16i's with a W4S STP pre and a pair of W4S SX-1000 mono blocks and you are well on your way to building one hell of a two channel system.

So I'm done.....now please buy some stuff from me as I'm broke!  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:06:29 PM by Black Sand Cable »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »
Congratulations John! That's quite a line-up. The new Cullen pre looks pretty cool.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
Congratulations John! That's quite a line-up. The new Cullen pre looks pretty cool.

It is actually very nice. I have both the Silver & Black and all Black versions in stock already (a perk of getting a whole country to look after!) and I can say that it is a very nice piece. I have one installed in my main HT system (the STP has HT bypass) and it sounds darn good.

When I get some free time my plan is to put together an all digital two channel system with the STP pre-amp along with one of the W4S amps, a Spectron Musician III and a yet to be decided upon set of speakers with my existing Sonos stuff as the source. My hope is to keep it as close to an all digital system as possible and see how it sounds.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
Well I guess I wasn't done yet. A few lines had to go that weren't moving and a few new ones had to come in. Sonos is also gone as they are really starting to push the direct thing which is a kick in the teeth to most dealers but that story is for another day.

If anybody is keeping score it now looks like this:

AUDIOQUEST
ACROLINK
ACOUSTIC REVIVE
APOLLO HI FI
AUDIOLAB
B&K COMPONENTS
CABLE ISOLATORS
CREEK AUDIO
EPOS ACOUSTICS
FEASTREX
FURUTECH
FURMAN
MY THEATER ACOUSTIC PANELS
NAD
NAD MASTER SERIES
OYAIDE
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PSB SPEAKERS
PS AUDIO
PRIMALUNA
SPECTRON AUDIO
STILLPOINTS
SLIM DEVICES
SOUND MECHANICS
THIEL AUDIO
TIVOLI AUDIO
UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL

Offline richidoo

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 05:25:29 PM »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:41 AM »
You certainly carry a good line of products to choose from. Good luck in these tough economic times. You are not the only one who is broke. Hang in there man.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 09:53:09 AM »
Did you see this John?
http://www.avguide.com/article/nad-masters-series-m2-direct-digital-amplifier-challenges-paradigms

I like class D.  :D

Yep I did. NAD sent dealers some info on it awhile back. Looks interesting to say the least.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
You certainly carry a good line of products to choose from. Good luck in these tough economic times. You are not the only one who is broke. Hang in there man.

charles

Thanks!  :D

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »
Two small updates. I was approached by Naim Audio and Audio Physic recently about becoming a dealer and could not pass up the opportunity. Naim isn't an easy line to get in these parts and Audio Physic has always interested me so at the end of the day, it was an easy call.

After spending time with some Naim gear over the last few weeks, I can now safely say that I see what all the fuss is about. This is one of the few lines that I have come across where performance actually exceeds the hype.

www.naim-audio.com

www.audiophysic.de

AUDIOQUEST
ACROLINK
ACOUSTIC REVIVE
APOLLO HI FI
AUDIOLAB
AUDIO PHYSIC
B&K COMPONENTS
CABLE ISOLATORS
CREEK AUDIO
EPOS ACOUSTICS
FEASTREX
FURUTECH
FURMAN
MY THEATER ACOUSTIC PANELS
NAD
NAD MASTER SERIES
NAIM AUDIO
OYAIDE
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PSB SPEAKERS
PS AUDIO
PRIMALUNA
SPECTRON AUDIO
STILLPOINTS
SLIM DEVICES
SOUND MECHANICS
THIEL AUDIO
TIVOLI AUDIO
UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL

www.blacksandaudio.ca

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »
After spending time with some Naim gear over the last few weeks, I can now safely say that I see what all the fuss is about. This is one of the few lines that I have come across where performance actually exceeds the hype.

www.naim-audio.com

www.audiophysic.de

www.blacksandaudio.ca

Sounds awesome.. I may need a cd player sometime soon.  I've heard great things about the Naim's.  BTW, make sure you get yourself listed here: http://www.naim-audio.com/distrib/canada.html

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
Don't forget the Primaluna Prologue 8 Carl. Tube powered digital clock!! Rave reviews, even Dick Olsher. Black Sand is getting some sexy brands! Congrats John!

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 01:31:58 PM »

Sounds awesome.. I may need a cd player sometime soon.  I've heard great things about the Naim's.  BTW, make sure you get yourself listed here: http://www.naim-audio.com/distrib/canada.html

-C

For some reason Naim won't list dealers on their site when it comes to this country. They list the distributor only. I'm not sure why, but that seems to be the case. They seem to want people to contact the distributor who then points them to the appropriate dealer.

I'm also look at adding McCormack but it's in the early stages as I'm still working my way through Naim and PrimaLuna.....and I'm very happy with both of these lines so it may be some time before I finalize adding anything else.

I have a lot of lines I really like now but I will say it again, Naim is the first one in a long time that floored me.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »
Nice review of the new Naim HDX player.
http://www.avguide.com/review/hi-fi-plus-naim-hdx-hard-disk-player?src=Playback

What do you know about this bad boy John?

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
I had one in for a few weeks and thought it was a very nice sounding unit. The only complaint I had with it was the lack of FLAC support when it came to ripping. Naim wants everything on the hard drive in WAV so if you are using the HDX to rip, you are getting WAV.....but it will play FLAC's with no problems.

The best part was that my wife was working it in under 5 minutes.

I'm going to bring in another one when I get my first shipment of PS Audio's new PerfectWave stuff and do some side by side comparisons as both of these products are basically trying to do the same thing.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
Cool, thanks....

Of course I meant the HDX is the bad boy...   ;)