Author Topic: New & Existing Lines  (Read 14183 times)

Black Sand Cable

New & Existing Lines
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
I tend not to do a very good job of spreading the word on the various lines that I carry. Below is a complete  list of everything I carry. The web-site is undergoing changes as I sit here (get to work Carl :lol:) that will better reflect this down the road.

Distributor for:

EQUI-TECH
ATL

Dealer For:

AUDIOQUEST
ACROLINK
ACOUSTIC REVIVE
FEASTREX
NAD
OYAIDE
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PSB SPEAKERS
PS AUDIO
SLIM DEVICES
SONOS
SOUND MECHANICS
TIVOLI AUDIO
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:51:46 AM by Black Sand Cable »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: New & Existing Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »
Which of these lines can you ship to US???????? ;)

Thanks
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:51:48 AM »
What was that, did I hear a whip cracking? ;) 
Looking forward to getting the new site going... I'm working with my team on this one... it'll be quite nice when we're done.  I plan to use it as a portfolio piece. 8)  Most of the really cool technical/administration stuff no one will see, though.... :(
-C

I really enjoy listening to music.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
Which of these lines can you ship to US???????? ;)

Thanks
Rich

I can ship most of my lines anywhere as very few of them have restrictions in place.  :D

Black Sand Cable

One more line added to the mix.....
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
Update:

As some of you know I have Carl hard at work on a dedicated site that will handle various things relating to audio. There will be DIY stuff, Equi=Tech will be moved over as will Slim Devices. Black Sand Cable is going back to what it should have been all along, a site that sells power cords and nothing else.

The new site (Black Sand Audio) will sell everything that EQUI-TECH / ATL / SLIM DEVICES / SONOS / OYAIDE / ACROLINK / ACOUSTIC REVIVE / SOUND MECHANICS / FEASTREX has to offer in one way or another plus and this is a big one, I have added PSB speakers!  I just received word a few minutes ago that the fine folks at PSB are willing to work with me.

PSB as most know was hot for a time and then for reasons unknown fell out of the spotlight a little. With there recent launch of the Synchrony line and making it on to the cover of Stereophile, I have a feeling that they are once again going to be back in the spot light.

www.psbspeakers.com

Please note that Black Sand Audio will not be selling Sonos or PSB over the web. The site will have general product information only with links back to each manufactures site. Both of these manufactures frown on direct internet sales and I will be honoring that policy.

I'm on the look out for additional audio lines and when I add them, you guys will be the first to know. I have no idea where all of this will end up but it should be a fun ride getting there!  :D

Also, I get asked almost daily to run another group buy either here or at Audiocircle. At this time I have no plans on doing one but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to do something for members here. I have run the idea past Carl and he has given me the go ahead to run something. My thoughts are leaning towards some kind of flat discount on everything I sell for current members versus a GB. I can't give stuff away but if anybody has an idea for something they would like to see, let me know.

Anyway, I just wanted to let those of you who have been asking for another GB know that I’m looking into something!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:03:22 AM by Black Sand Cable »

Bigfish8

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »
John:

Congratulations on picking up the new product lines and I certainly wish you great continued success!

Ken

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
Group Buy ideas:
Feastrex D9e Type 3   :-P

I will be buying Sonos from you eventually, so a GB discount would be nice?? We won't use the internet, promise! ;)

Thanks John, and congrats on your decision to kick it up a notch! Go for it!!

Brian Bunge

Re: One more line added to the mix.....
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

I'm on the look out for additional audio lines and when I add them, you guys will be the first to know. I have no idea where all of this will end up but it should be a fun ride getting there!  :D

John,

Hopefully when I get these speakers done we can work something out! ;)

Black Sand Cable

Re: One more line added to the mix.....
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »

John,

Hopefully when I get these speakers done we can work something out! ;)

No problem at all.  :D

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 08:57:55 AM »
I'm almost done. I have been trying to add lines that compliment each other in one way or another.

As a result, I have been trying out a ton of stuff over the last few weeks. A lot of it turned out to be stuff I had no interest in carrying, or came in at a price point that I didn't think was justified.

My list above has been updated. The newest additions are:

AUDIOQUEST
NAD
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PS AUDIO
TIVOLI AUDIO

PS Audio and Panamax may shock a few people but I needed power conditioning at various price points and they fit the bill. The PS Audio Digital Link III is also turning out to be one heck of a DAC so it was a good match with what I have on the go with Slim & Sonos.

It may also seem odd that I have added a total of three lines that make power cords (ATL, Audioquest, PS Audio). I have never been afraid of a little competition and I think my own line stands on it's own so honestly, I cant say I'm too worried about it! If it turns out to be a problem...I will figure it out when it happens.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:13:21 AM by Black Sand Cable »

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 11:15:16 PM »
After a long process of looking for a high powered line of amplifiers to add into the mix, I'm pleased to announce that yours truly has been appointed as the Canadian Distributor for Spectron Audio.

www.spectronav.com

I don't have to say anything about Spectron as I'm fairly sure most here have heard the name Spectron already. However I will say that John Ulrick & Simon Thacher from Spectron are very nice people to deal with and are truly passionate about what they are doing. Double Ugly (Jim) who we all know from AC talked me into taking a look at Spectron and John & Simon sold me on the rest.

The rest as they say is now history!

Why the hell is a power cord guy doing this you ask? Good question and sometimes I find myself asking the same thing but the gist of it is, I have started another company.....Black Sand Audio. The web-site is still a work in progress but its getting there. www.blacksandaudio.ca When it's all said and done its going to have a little for everybody. Buy an Oyaide outlet, or pick up a new NAD Blue Ray player!

I think I'm now done. This has been close to a year in the making and at the end of the day I have put together a number of lines that blend very well together.

There are a few lines that I may not keep as I would like to stream line a few things (power conditioning being one) but as it stands now, it's a nice mix.

Here is where it stands now:

AUDIOQUEST
ACROLINK
ACOUSTIC REVIVE
APOLLO HI FI
ATL
AUDIO ART
CR ELECTRONICS
EQUI=TECH
FEASTREX
NAD
NAD MASTER SERIES
OYAIDE
ON Q LEGRAND
PANAMAX
PSB SPEAKERS
PS AUDIO
REVOLVER AUDIO
SAXON
SPECTRON
SLIM DEVICES
SONOS
SOUND MECHANICS
TALK ELECTRONICS
TIVOLI AUDIO

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »
Congrats John!  What a great lineup. I think a guy could assemble a MIGHTY fine high end audio system from assorted parts and pieces from your pantry.

I'm over the Pass thing after some research. Spectron is still a possibility. They sounded great at RMAF on giant ribbons and giant SP Techs. I wouldn't buy it from anyone else.
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
Just a note about the site, please contact John directly with a list of parts you'd like to order.
Everything on the site works except the actual checkout process.  So, you can put everything in your shopping cart and copy and paste it into an email to sales at blacksandaudio.ca (or use the contact form on the site).  I'll post here when the checkout process is functioning properly.

Thanks to John for his patience on the site.  It's fairly sophisticated and we're breaking some ground but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:26 AM »
Congrats John!  What a great lineup. I think a guy could assemble a MIGHTY fine high end audio system from assorted parts and pieces from your pantry.

I'm over the Pass thing after some research. Spectron is still a possibility. They sounded great at RMAF on giant ribbons and giant SP Techs. I wouldn't buy it from anyone else.
Rich

Thanks Rich!  :D

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 08:35:27 AM »
Just a note about the site, please contact John directly with a list of parts you'd like to order.
Everything on the site works except the actual checkout process.  So, you can put everything in your shopping cart and copy and paste it into an email to sales at blacksandaudio.ca (or use the contact form on the site).  I'll post here when the checkout process is functioning properly.

Thanks to John for his patience on the site.  It's fairly sophisticated and we're breaking some ground but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Thanks,
Carl

You are doing a fine job Carl so no worries!  :D