Author Topic: Latest Project  (Read 12340 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Latest Project
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »
Yeah, you're right stevo...  :duh

Carl, you are so talented. Nice job. But do you think it looks a little like a radiation warning sign now?

Just kidding! it really does look good.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »
Guys, thanks for the responses!  Actually, you're all somewhat right and slightly wrong.  Bunge was an occupational name for a kettle drummer in an orchestra in Germany back in the day.  I told the guy that designed the graphic that I was looking for something that was sort of a abstract representation of a drum.  So what you see is a drumstick or mallet and what I envision is a drum head and/or sound waves radiating away from the drum.

Rich, with that color scheme I could probably sell quite a few to the Dolphins fans down here.  Hell, if I had the right room I might even want a pair in that finish.  It'd go well with my Dan Marino autographed football, t-shirt and plaque.  I personally handed him the shirt and football for the autographs so they hold some sentimental value to me.

My wife has given the go ahead for Macassar Ebony veneer for my own personal pair.  Unfortunately, I'll have roughly $1200 in veneer alone for the entire 5 speaker and subwoofer setup.

P.S.  I think I prefer the graphic as is!  Thanks anyway though, Carl! ;)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 06:28:42 AM »
P.S.  I think I prefer the graphic as is!  Thanks anyway though, Carl! ;)
No prob... I like it as-is also.. Especially now that it has a nice story to go with it! :)  Maybe put that kind of stuff in your 'about us' section... one day..
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
OK, I got the sides attached to the cabinets.  Now I just need to trim everything flush.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »
That is very cool Brian. Why is the bottom driver smaller than the other two woofers? How do you seal the bending grooves after gluing, so they don't leak air?
Thanks
Rich

Brian Bunge

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »
Hi Rich!  That's actually the hole for the 3" flared port that will be on the front of the cabinet.

I will be capping off the top and bottom of the cabinets with 1/8" hardboard so there will not be any air leaks.

Dougie085

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 08:48:03 AM »
Where you been Brian? Any update on these? I haven't seen you online in a couple weeks so can't ask you.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
We ain't seen you much either Dougie, how's new brat treatin you, and how's momma? Getting back to norm I hope?

Dougie085

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »
They are good, tooth is treating me worse then them at the moment gotta get it taken care of soon. This forum is just not super active so I don't find a lot to talk about sometimes and then there is also the fact I'm constantly busy.