The Market > Manufacturer News

Modified Magnepan 1.7i demo at AXPONA 2024

(1/3) > >>

HAL:
Danville Signal will be doing an AB demo of a pair of Magnepan 1.7i planar speakers with both passive and DSP crossovers. 

The speaker will be setup with a single amp driving the passive crossover and tri-amped with the DSP crossover with a switch box to choose between the crossovers with the same source.  All amps will be identical.  They will be driving the Magnepan 1.7i's full range with the system.

The system will be at AXPONA 2024 in room 356.  Please stop by to hear the Magnepan 1.7i crossover comparison.

Nick B:
Good luck, Rich! Enjoy the show.
Nick

HAL:
Nick,
Thanks, but I am not at AXPONA 2024.

Danville Signal in room 356 has the Magnepan 1.7i's that I helped with the DSP crossover design for tri-amping them with the dspNexus 2x8 system. 

They built the AB switching box for the demo.  All the amps are the same as well as the front end uses all 8 channels of the dspNexus 2x8.  Two channels are just direct DAC connections to the amps driving the original passive crossovers and the other 6 DAC's are the 3-way DSP crossover to the amps.

Feedback so far is that the demo is showing the listeners how not subtle the difference the DSP crossover can make when it is really at the state of the art.  :)

HAL:
Response from Cynthia, The Audio Belle on YouTube to the AB comparison was it was a night and day difference, she could not believe the difference between the original passive crossover and the DSP crossover versions. 

Works for me! :)

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on April 13, 2024, 03:59:16 PM ---Response from Cynthia, The Audio Belle on YouTube to the AB comparison was it was a night and day difference, she could not believe the difference between the original passive crossover and the DSP crossover versions. 

Works for me! :)

--- End quote ---

👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version