Author Topic: Introducing.... The MINT Maraschino  (Read 8449 times)

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Introducing.... The MINT Maraschino
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »
We are running a new Kickstarter project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/mint-maraschino-amp-for-use-with-high-res-players

WHAT IS THE MINT ?

The MINT Maraschino is a two channel implementation of the Maraschino Amplifier Circuit plus input select (front/back), sleep control (on/off/auto), and volume control.  Power is provided by a single, external, upgradeable power supply.  There is a standard (48V) version and a KING version (60V).  Output power is up to 250W with the standard version and up to 1000W with the KING version!  The KING version also includes Gold WBT binding posts.  All this in a beautiful, compact (7.8" x 6.5" x 2.3") extruded aluminum chassis on Sorbothane feet.

Please support us!  Pledge $1 or more and help us get the attention we deserve.  Thanks.
Digital Amplifier Company
  Makers of the "Cherry Amplifier" (R)
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
      ---- www.CherryAmp.com ----

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Re: Introducing.... The MINT Maraschino
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »
I find your stuff interesting. Having never heard the Marachino's I can't seem to get my head around how an amp that small drives a sound stage?  I am not saying it doesn't, that isn't my point. I saying in all my experience I have always found (literally) big power supplies in toroidal or block are the ones that give a powered soundstage.

It shows up in cymbals that ring with a sense of weight and carried in a volume of air that disperses in its own layer. Eventually drowned out by emerging layering and new music. That is power.

10 years ago forget it but in 2015 I know we have come far or have we?

Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
  Hey Tommy good to see you posting here. Please explain what the donation is actually used for. Our audio club is willing to donate however we need to know more.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:07 AM »
I find your stuff interesting. Having never heard the Marachino's I can't seem to get my head around how an amp that small drives a sound stage?  I am not saying it doesn't, that isn't my point. I saying in all my experience I have always found (literally) big power supplies in toroidal or block are the ones that give a powered soundstage.

It shows up in cymbals that ring with a sense of weight and carried in a volume of air that disperses in its own layer. Eventually drowned out by emerging layering and new music. That is power.

10 years ago forget it but in 2015 I know we have come far or have we?

Simply put, many of our customers say they've never heard their system sound better than when being powered by Maraschinos.

The Maraschino topology uses DC coupling throughout, ultra-precision components, and has great performance on the bench (see the specs).  However, most importantly, we tweaked the design for sonics after achieving awesome bench performance.

To sum up the sonic character, the Maraschino is fast, strong, and clean.

By strong, I mean on 80-something dB speakers, you can play these amps live level loud without ANY strain.

By fast, I mean transients that give you tingles down your spine.

These amps are so much better that most of the stuff audiophiles consider reference equipment, most are just blown away.  Read the reviews here, most are from customers:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=127654.0

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Tommy O
Digital Amp Co
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
  Hey Tommy good to see you posting here. Please explain what the donation is actually used for. Our audio club is willing to donate however we need to know more.

charles
This is cut from the Kickstarter text:

HOW WE WILL USE THE MONEY

The goal is to offer a versatile stereo amplifier with extremely high performance for well under $2000. This will require us to utilize our design expertise to lower the cost of materials without compromising performance.

The funds will also be used to get the MINT Maraschino into production. This requires finalization of PCB layout, component selection, and mechanical design.

Thannks.

-Tommy O
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
If you own 48V Maraschinos, check out the DUAL 60V upgrade deal here:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

Check out the "rewards" section.

A little more than 3 days left on the project, so get in before it's too late.  Orders from the Kickstarter will be shipped before orders outside the program.

By the way, there's a sweet deal on a pair of demo desktop Maraschinos in there.  Only one pair available!

Thanks to Seth for adding the cable deal (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133137.msg1418883#msg1418883)!

-Tommy O
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
Hello, everyone!  With less than 70 hours to go, this is getting extra exciting....

We just corrected the reward listing for the KING 60V MINT Maraschino ($1200).  It now INCLUDES the DC_SNAKE cable.

The DC_SNAKE is a super-low-impedance 5-way braided black/red cable (see photo in the storyboard) for connecting our 60V 1kW power supply to a Maraschino amplifier (any Maraschino amplifier, actually).  These have 0.2 ohm round-trip resistance.  To give you an idea of how much this matters, the standard DC cable that comes with the "non-KING" 60V Maraschino is 1.2 ohms round-trip.  The normal price on a DC_SNAKE cable is $150, by the way.

Oh, one more thing....  We added Maraschino performance plots in the storyboard.  These show Frequency Response, THD+N versus Frequency at that all-important "first watt" (1Wout), and THD+N versus power into 4 and 8 ohms.
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
We have reached our Funding Goal!

....but we're not stopping there.  Still lots of Amplifier Goodies up for grabs:

There is a very special deal tucked in the rewards.  See if you can spot it (hint: Desktop).

We're thinking about stretch goals.  Something like "If we make it to $20,000, we will....".   Any ideas ?

Thanks as always to our AWESOME backers!

-Tommy O
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 05:29:15 AM »
Only 4 hours left on our campaign:

We have a few amazing rewards available for modest contributions.

Thanks so much to our supporters!

-Tommy O
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL