Author Topic: Manufaturer Wish List  (Read 6869 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Manufaturer Wish List
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »
   Like it says. What products do you want to see from our beloved manufacturers ?
    More integrated amps ? More full range speakers meaning 20HZ to 20,00HZ in one enclosure ? Custom options ? Etc.

charles
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:44:22 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
Re: Manufaturer Wish List
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
   Nothing we want to see from Manufacturers ?

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Brap

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »
With a LOMC cartridge and built in phonostage :rofl:
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
I know of only a few manufacturers that do this but how about tube preamps and tube buffers that use power tubes instead of the conventional preamp tubes.

There is the Harmonia 300B Tube Buffer and the Bottlehead BeePre that uses 300B tubes and EL84 tubes. Someone mentioned the 300B type preamp from Manley as well. How about a preamp or tube buffer that uses the Tung Sol KT150 or KT120 tubes. I'd be game for that.

I'd also like to see a comeback in an Integrated that can has the option to just used as a power amp. Something like the functionality in an Accuphase E-202. Flip a switch in the back connect to a specific set of inputs and it is an amp only.

Offline Brap

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:01:06 PM »
If so inclined, check out Transcendent Audio 300B "Masterpiece". Really contemplating making this. Rave reviews and would be a nice pairing with the OTL amp I built form them which is DEAD quiet.
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
If so inclined, check out Transcendent Audio 300B "Masterpiece". Really contemplating making this. Rave reviews and would be a nice pairing with the OTL amp I built form them which is DEAD quiet.

Hi BRap

I think I found the Transcendent 300B preamp you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion.

http://www.transcendentsound.com/Transcendent/Masterpiece.html

I wish I lived closer to you so when finally build it I could compare it to the Bottlehead BeePre I acquired some time ago. I'm not a DIY guy nor do I have the patience to become one.

I do have some noise issues with BeePre and the stepped volume attentuators it has takes some getting used too. I'm curious about how another 300B preamp would be. I wonder if the 300B tubes are for the headphone amp section or would factor into the preamp?

Offline Brap

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 06:05:49 AM »
Where do you live? 

Get on the Transcendent Audio forum.  You will find several comments about the Masterpiece.  I am really inclined to make one to match my OTL. The kits are outstanding and you really learn a lot.  Building my amp I printed out a 11x17 of the schematic and used that quite a bit to recall my good old days at DeVry Institute!!
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:58:39 AM »
   For me it would be overbuilt outboard power supply upgrade to existing components.
   Would like a CDP without an analog board where the signal from the DAC goes directly out to a preamp.
   A tubed design that uses inexpensive available TV tubes [ David Berning is one ]
    A spectrum analyzer that is easy to read. More one box solutions like Peachtree.

charles

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »
For vinyl lovers, I would suggest a decent, transparent, adjustable head amp. The only one I know of that is any good is the Hagerman Piccolo.

Making it DIY would be awesome also.

And there is always the need for an affordable speed controller.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.