Author Topic: PB101 Professional Review (Preview)  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Hugh

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Angel City Audio
PB101 Professional Review (Preview)
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
Show below is a preview of an upcoming professional review of our Melody Pure Black 101.

The hardest part of a review is getting you in my ears: that is for you to relate to what I am hearing.

Let’s go back to The Well, Jennifer Warnes wonderful album.
This is the first music I heard and played back with the Pure Black in my system.

This album is all so very good, and so real that there is one song I can barely listen to.
Track #8, Billy Joel’s, And So It Goes. The emotions it evokes takes me to a place of hopeless longing and inevitable loss, a place I fear to remember.
There is a liquid flowing ease and intimacy that draws me in. There is a reality so vivid that quantification and measurements simply no longer matter.
Reverting to Techno Babble, the treble doesn’t sound extended but still no high frequencies are missing. At the other end of the spectrum the bass doesn’t stop and start on a dime but the bass is all there. Fingering and bass cord changes resonate naturally as in life. I would like to think the marriage of my powerful Sanders ESL solid state amplifier and a tube preamplifier like the PB101 takes everything about as far as modern material technology and construction can go.
Could that explain everything probably not, that would be too simplistic.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:15:34 PM by Hugh »
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline woofersus

• Certifiable
    • East Street Audio
Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: PB101 Professional Review (Preview)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
  Great review. Best of luck.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.