Author Topic: New Power cord manufacturer.....  (Read 16566 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: New Power cord manufacturer.....
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
I am always skeptical of cheap, giant killer cables. Beware the giant killers.

Rich,

I think we are all skeptical of wild claims. But just like with a car wreck we can't help ourselves, we have to look.  :duh

Even if there is only a one in a million chance that the claims have any validity at all, this might just be the one.........  and I couldn't bear the thought of missing out on it.  :rofl:

Nervosa at work  8)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
Yes for little girls "Thank Heaven"

I do everyday!

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »
Yes for little girls "Thank Heaven"

I do everyday!

Spoken like a true Dad.   :thumb:

Treasure these days. There are times where the minutes seem to drag on for hours. But then all of a sudden the years are gone in a flash. Work and Hi-Fi will be around for years, but they're only young once
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 06:26:04 AM »
  A lucky man you are Rich. God bless.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »
Thanks Charles, bless you too!

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
These should finally be at my place tomorrow to start listening...  I'll let you know once I get some time on them whether they're worth passing around for others to try....

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
Here's a link to the Nagy's Cable review thread, just in case you're interested to hear how the "best" stacks up against the "average"

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=79982.0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:49:40 AM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
Yeah, not a lot going on there.  Somehow I have to think the giant killer may have stubbed his toe or something. 

But I am eager to hear what Shane things about these new mysterious cables he's come across. 

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:08 AM »
ok... so they are a real brand that folks have likely heard of before.  I know the engineer was in discussions to sell the design to someone.  They're pretty to look at with the way they are dressed up....

I'm breaking one in right now on the Belles Ref 150A v2 amp driving the new Harbeths.  I listened for a little while last night with the tube amp and decided to give it a bit of time before forming any concrete opinions because it was changing quite a bit while I listened.  Initial listen was very different from JPS. 
Shane Sangster

Bigfish8

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 05:40:43 AM »
Shane:

I have to commend you for the way you have kept of in suspense and now have us to the point of almost begging to know more! :thumb:

Oh, by the way, the new Harbeth's in Rosewood are just drop dead beautiful!

Ken

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
OK, Shane.... if you're just going to slowly leak the info... can you tell us the price range?   Are they in the JPS AC+/Digital AC range?  I think you've already said they're less than a Kaptovator and more than a Pangea.

Inquiring minds want to know (along with how they sound of course ;-)   If you need any help breaking them in, let me know...  :thumb:

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
A 2M length is $639.00  MSRP.  So slightly more pricey than a JPS Power AC+.

Right now at this point in the break-in process, it's not my favorite.  More detail and spatial cues than the JPS.  Images are more precise and defined in space.  Guitar strings are more real sounding.  But it makes me clench my jaw from the moment the amp is powered on and music starts playing.  I've got a headache inside 3 minutes.  Not necessarily more forward sounding as the soundstage in both cases is still just barely in front of the speakers to waaaay back behind them.  But it's definitely leaner in the middle and that's just not my bag.  The note decay is too extended with it.  I'm hoping my opinion changes as it breaks in.  I can certainly see what people went nuts for at the meet...   It's got the wow factor in short bursts...

I'm not really trying to be all secretive and trying to drag this out for folks.  In hindsight, I should have kept my trap shut until I received some demos and ran them through their paces.  I also probably should have just done this via email with you local guys.  But I was intrigued at the time after my conversation and thought this might be something and jumped the gun a bit by posting about it.  If this turns out to be something that just isn't right for me, I don't want to hurt the brand by being all negative about it publicly.  It may work for some folks.  So I'm keeping the brand name, now that I know it is an official cable for a known cable brand and not a single guy's creation, private for now.  If folks really have to know, PM me and I'll share it. 
Shane Sangster

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 04:44:50 AM »
Shane, I can totally respect that.   I have seen how a bit of negative feedback can quickly snowball (as can early raves).   Those of us that have spent time at G2Gs with you have also come to appreciate your sensitivity to certain types of sounds (even if we can't hear it, when you clench your jaw, I'm pretty sure I can hear dogs howling outside  :rofl:

I've heard other wire that also accentuated detail but typically at the price of musicality.  Let us know how these play out - particularly compared to the JPS PCs.  While I believe in breakin, I also know that sometimes breakin is just me getting use to a different sound.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 07:27:42 AM »
all right... I've given then some break in and they are better than when first plugged in..... but I still prefer the JPS cords overall... these do some things better (midbass detail, bigger soundstage, more defined edges to images), but the grind my teeth quality never went away completely. 

Before these go back to the manufacturer, anyone here in the local area want to give them a spin in their systems?  Shoot me a PM and we'll make arrangements to meet up and let you try them for a few days.

Thanks!
Shane Sangster

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
Unless they are substantially cheaper than the JPS, I'll pass and continue to save my pennies for JPS PCs.