Author Topic: Alan Maher Designs Infinity CBF sale - today only  (Read 9571 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Alan Maher Designs Infinity CBF sale - today only
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »
FYI - just saw this on AC...

Today Only: September 30, 2009
Buy 4 Infinity CBF and receive 1 FREE

www.alanmaherdesigns.com

This is the tweak that Rollo thought was amazing... I haven't tried it yet but it certainly has gotten enough praise to warrant a try at the price (normally $25 each).

I certainly don't want five, but if any of the locals (RTP, NC) want to pick up one or two, let me know and I'll place an order. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:59:45 AM by mdconnelly »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Alan Maher Designs Infinity CBF sale - today only
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
ITS a NO BRAINER. Allow 4 weeks to settle in completely. After the 17 day period its there but it appears the extra time allowsound to further open up. NO ILL affects what so ever. BTW try one on the circuit your TV is on. Get ready to crap ourself. Its just to good to be true . I'm still shaking my head.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »
Rollo- just shot you a PM.

I might want to try a couple.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »
I'll buy a few and others are willing to borrow and try them themselves..... is ten (8 + 2 free) enough for the locals? I'm sending them my email now... can't figure out how to order on their web page....

Shane
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »
Shane,   That's great!  I'll likely pickup one or two from you.  His site is not an ecommerce site so just email will work.  I believe Jen, his wife, is handling all orders so you should hear back from her soon.   Thanks!

Bigfish8

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »
I'll buy a few and others are willing to borrow and try them themselves..... is ten (8 + 2 free) enough for the locals? I'm sending them my email now... can't figure out how to order on their web page....

Shane

Shane:

I had sent Mike a PM earlier that I would be interested in two of the CBFs.  If you are ordering plan on me purchasing a couple from you!

Thanks,

Ken

PS.  I hope your vacation has been a lot of fun!

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:01:35 AM »
10 units ordered and paid for.  I assume they will ship shortly.  I'll let everyone know when they arrive.
Shane Sangster

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
10 units ordered and paid for.  I assume they will ship shortly.  I'll let everyone know when they arrive.

Ju ju are de best hombre.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »
Units have arrived.  They sure don't look like much.  Get in touch with me to make arrangements to get yours.  Thanks!
Shane Sangster

Jen Maher

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 05:47:48 AM »
We would love to get some comments on your CBF experiments.

Michael-
When you get a chance I would love to receive some feedback from your latest order.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:51:49 AM by Jen Maher »

Jen Maher

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 05:48:36 AM »
4 for 1 Weekend Special 

Buy 4 Infinity CBF and receive 1 Free (total of 5) 

Offer ends Monday October 26, 2009

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »
Michael-
When you get a chance I would love to receive some feedback from your latest order.

Jen, be glad to... my Labor Day sale order was for your Infinity CBF, Infinity Shield, PE v3 and power cords.  These were added to the Quantum Studio and Ref IIs I already had that had quite a positive impact in my system (posted here: http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=1582.0). 

The first thing I did was to duct tape the Infinity CBF on my dedicated circuit breaker.  While I can't say I heard the substantial improvements claimed by others (likely because I'm already using the QS), I do feel there was an incremental improvement in air and definition.  Definitely worth the small investment!

The addition of the new AM components and power cords had an immediate detrimental impact!  :duh but not surprising because, as you warned, things would need to break-in for several weeks.  I decided not to attempt to optimize the placement of the PE & Ref IIs until after breakin.  So for the first couple weeks, things had been ... less than ideal.   I heard a loss of soundstage depth, bass, air and extension.  But, just as the Quantum Studio had done, after about 3 weeks things started to come together again. 

At present, I'm extremely happy with the sound I'm getting  :thumb:   I have taken an initial stab at optimally placing the PE v3 and Ref IIs throughout the house and, yes, it did make a big difference!  At present, I've got the PE v3 on the frig circuit, a Ref II on my computer circuit, another on my TV circuit and a 3rd on my dedicated audio circuit.   Large 3D soundstage, excellent black background with gobs of detail and space between voices and instruments.  Perhaps the most noticable is a wonderfully deep yet tight and well defined bass.  It takes a good recording to really show it off, but, my, it does show well!   And if I set my left-brain aside, what I love most is that it is just so much more musically engaging!

I'm still scratching my head a bit about the Infinity Shield... To be honest, I didn't find much of an improvement using it on the dedicated audio circuit (which already has the QS and a Ref II) but it does seem to improve the tightness of the bass when I place it on an adjacent circuit.  I'm still playing with this and any further advice is appreciated.

The one thing I can say without hesitation is that the Mahers have made a believer out of me when it comes to the impact of whole house power quality on audio.   While placement of the individual AM components is not nearly as scientific as my left-brained, engineering mind would like (just trust my ears... are you kidding me?  :rofl:), there is no question that the overall improvement is substantial!

Jen Maher

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
Michael-

The Infinity CBF comes in different flavors pending the selected installation.  At the main wire bundle it enhances 3 dimensional staging.  At the breaker it increases air.  Installed across the spare receptacle of the A/V duplex it improves dynamics and tonal purity.  Experiment to best match your system tonal requirements.  We normally recommend all these locations to be treated throughout the home.  Chris Porada did a good write up on Audio Circle discussing the benefits of treating non-A/V circuit receptacles.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=72646.0

The Infinity Shield does improve bass articulation when properly installed. 

The description of your set up makes you the perfect candidate for the upcoming Reference III filter installed on the main audio circuit. 

Jen Maher

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 04:40:41 AM »
Brand new Infinity CBF review

Hello Jen,

Alan asked me to let him know how I got on with the Infinity Circuit Breakers, and as he is on tour I'm e-mailing you, and to thank you for the free one you included in the package.  Well I have to say I'm quite dis-orientated by them. The usual price to performance ratio has been so totally re-written that my previous power purchases are looking like hideously over-priced under-achievers.

The Infinities excel in all the usual areas expected such as greater resolution, deeper bass and more extended treble, but several stand out for particular comment.

1. The varying sound quality dependant on time of day has been all but irradiated.

2. In my pursuit of a distortion free sound I had lost sight of the importance of dynamics, both macro and micro, and related timing. I was both surprised and delighted by their return which has made the music more exciting and involving. This is particularly noticeable on percussion, piano and plucked instruments. There is no artificial leading edge to create this effect, just accurate reproduction.

3. I can now make out lyrics that were previously unintelligible, and the vocals (and instrumental solos) communicate much more emotion.

4. Individual instruments are more clearly defined and possess a palpable quality I associate with the best valve amps.

5. I had never really understood the desire for a live sound as it didn't seem relevant to the sort of music I listen to, but had a "Damascene" moment when I realized my system was now sounding live.  The power to my house has been an ongoing problem for me and I have tried many and various products ranging from $25 fuses to $1000 power conditioners with varying degrees of success. Some have worked better than others, some representing good value for money, but none have close to the bang for buck these give.

It is easy to get over-enthusiastic in such situations and resort to hyperbole, so I resisted writing sooner, but the conclusion is the same; I'm now enjoying a level of fidelity I thought I would never achieve and can only congratulate you on such an outstanding product.

I'm using two Infinities on the circuit breaker and one over a spare wall socket as recommended by Alan.  Please feel free to use all or any of this as a review.

As you can tell from the above I'm more than happy with things as they are, but would appreciate your opinion as to the next move, bearing in mind that listen mostly to CD through a digital amp. The Infinity Shield would appear to be the obvious choice.

Thanks again,
Dave Sheard

Jen Maher

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 06:07:36 AM »
We are offering a 4 for 1 special today.  Buy 4 CBF and get 1 FREE.  (Total of 5)