Author Topic: Naim Ovator S-600  (Read 4261 times)

Black Sand Cable

Naim Ovator S-600
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
With me recently becoming a Naim dealer I have been spending some time going through their offering. The Canadian Distributor for Naim recently sent me info on the new Ovator S-600 speakers from Naim and on paper at least, they look very interesting.

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/ovator.html

I have attached the S-600 brochure to this post in case anybody wants to have a peek.

I would really like to try a pair out but I have two small problems. Firstly is they haven't hit this side of the globe yet and secondly, I have a funny feeling that they are going to be a little pricey!

[attachment deleted by admin based on 2 year limit]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:05:57 AM by Black Sand Cable »

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Naim Ovator S-600
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »

If you're going to carry Naim, you might want to look into speakers that play to their strengts. NEAT Acoustics come to mind. They are distributed by Bluebird up there in Canada.

The most fun I've ever had was with my Naim CD5 and Nait5i driving a pair of either NEAT Mystiques or Elites. You dont know "prat" until you heard it through these :lol:

Sure, they dont do the audiophile thing but I guarantee a toe-taping good time.

Maybe someday again....
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »
That mid/tweet looks sorta familiar to the concept of the coax mid/tweet panel on my Piega's... but totally different method to get to the final results.

I'd be very interested to hear how these sound.. they sure look nice and like they've thought it through.  I like that the crossover is in its own little cavity in the bottom.

I would imagine they'll probably sound pretty good on any system but I'm sure they used Naim gear to to voice them.  Looking forward to hearing your findings.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:02:12 AM »
Good Luck with the new line.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.