Author Topic: High Resolution Technolgies MusicStreamer +  (Read 6994 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
High Resolution Technolgies MusicStreamer +
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:29:26 AM »
A new USB DAC with no power supply and a 2.2V output. Made by the engineers at Muse. A killer for the money. I will have both models next wek for evaluation. If they hit the mark as I expect they will a tour may be order. In home demos will be available as well. For $250 complete. Thats right $250.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: High Resolution Technolgies MusicStreamer +
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
So it's purely powered by the USB power?  That sounds interesting as long as the USB power can be kept clean.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »
Sounds interesting, I'm suspicious that it's 'all that'.. but am very interested to hear it if it meets Mr. Rollo's expectations. :)

Couple questions.. .Does 16-bit 48 kS/s mean it's a sort-of oversampler?  What's kS/s? 
It's also a 1.1 USB port... 1.3 was the last standard a few years ago.. it's been 2.0 for a while and I think 3.0 is the latest.. and they'e all backward compatible. 

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
Maybe that particular 1.1 port they use has magical audiophile powers. Current production USB2 parts should be cheaper so maybe there's something special about the older parts, like NOS DAC chips. USB 1.1 is still plenty of bandwidth for redbook which burns 10MB/minute.

Looking forward to your take Charles.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
Maybe that particular 1.1 port they use has magical audiophile powers. Current production USB2 parts should be cheaper so maybe there's something special about the older parts, like NOS DAC chips.

VERY possible.. one more thing to think about/obsess over.. USB port speed. Now THAT's Nervosa. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
I was reading stereophile classifieds in the back of the mag and saw a small ad for this:
http://www.devilsound.com/DAC/

Reminded me of this DAC of rollo's. Maybe this is the wave of the future.

mgalusha

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »
Couple questions.. .Does 16-bit 48 kS/s mean it's a sort-of oversampler?  What's kS/s? 

I'm guessing it means a 48Khz sampling rate, which many PC based sound cards use. Unfortunately that doesn't reflect whether it over samples or not.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »
Hey gents thanks for the interest. I emailed Scott markwell of elite to get some some answers to your questions. Let ya know ASAP.

rollo
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »

I'm guessing it means a 48Khz sampling rate, which many PC based sound cards use. Unfortunately that doesn't reflect whether it over samples or not.

Yes it oversamples 8x with a bit depth of 16bit.  The 1.1 USB port is compatible with all computers and is quite sufficeint for this application.  The power which is provided by the computer is regenerated to pure DC. Basically it electronically decouples the PS from the USB output and all data paths from your computer. The USB powers up to 500mv @5V. Data travels in real time with NO correction.
   Well too much info for me but hope it helps. The bottom line is how it sounds. Will have one tomorrow to try out. When time permits and we have more units [ SOLD OUT TO DATE } a tour is in order. So boys get your Nervosa warmed up.
    BTW we will be offering Furutech ICs, speaker cable and powercord kits for you DIYers out there. Were talking well below retail of a built unit. from the beginning of their line to the top. Kits can be customized as required for your individual needs.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:25:21 AM »
Well now have over 400 hours on the DAC. Its a keeper. I can tell ya how good it sounds or talk about its value but that would just be MY OPINION and a moot point since its my system its being played through.  So the only way to really find out is to try one. Hopefully in the near future when the business actually is official a tour will be in order.  Its all about synergy IMO so hopefully It will fit in.

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
Sounds great rollo. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Congrats on the new venture. Finally got it rollin!
Rich

Offline richidoo

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »
Here's a review in hifi+ (TAS sister-rag) of rollo's little bitjammer.
http://www.highresolutiontechnologies.com/5496_hifi+_HRT_highres.pdf

This is the only thing I could find on the mfg website about the product, and I can't read their homepage either, because of black text on black background. There are some huge TIFs on there if you click on the logo upper left you get a menu.

I am in a digital frenzy right now. 1000 options all churning in my head.