Author Topic: Caig new distributor  (Read 3634 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Caig new distributor
« on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:51 AM »
Email from Caig this morning:

"Announcing better service, faster delivery and a FREE GIFT!

CAIG Laboratories is pleased to announce Techni-Tool as the master distributor of all CAIG products including the DeoxIT line.

Techni-Tool has been a leading source of electronic production supplies for close to 50 years, and offers a long list of advantages including world-class customer service, a full range of e-commerce options, CAIG-trained representatives, and same-day shipping of CAIG products for orders placed by 5:00 PM.

In addition, you'll get a free CAIG DeoxIT microfiber cleaning cloth with your next CAIG order placed through Techni-Tool.B The DeoxIT cloth is ideal for cleaning cell phones, PDAs, digital cameras, DVDs, B laptop and LCD screens, and other electronic equipment.B It's our way of saying thank you for your continued support.

To see the full line of CAIG products, and get your free cleaning cloth, visit the CAIG store at Techni-Tool.

Sincerely,

Caig Laboratories, Inc."

miklorsmith

Re: Caig new distributor
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »
I get my Caig stuff at Guitar Center.  Walking around that place is strange, everyone is very into music but its . . . different.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
As different as high end audio is from pro-audio. Endorsements of high end audio products by audio professionals are a warning flag to me.

I didn't know guitar center sold Caig. I have been buying it direct paying shipping. I did find some at RS too.
Thanks
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »
I agree.. Musicians seem to be listening for something different than audiophiles (generally speaking).
The best way I describe it is musicians experience notes, audiophiles experience sounds.  Both are music.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
Having worked sound for a few bands in a prior life, I can tell you that we used contact cleaners/enhancers to avoid the not-so-enjoyable hiss, crackle, pop of shorting or loose connections in  live, beer-soaked and/or outside sweaty venues.   Happened frequently with mics (this was way before radio mics) but often with guitars or anything else amplified that was gyrating wildly around the stage.  Mostly, we just wanted it all to work.   

While quality of sound was extremely important and we were always drooling over better instruments, amps, mixing boards, etc.. (sound familiar), the quality of sound had far more to do with the band than the electronics.   When they were on, it was magical.   When they had a few too many brewskies or other influencing substances, no amount of equipment in the world was gonna help (hah, and that was true for their sound guy as well  :rofl: