Author Topic: Building a Room for a Particular Speaker  (Read 463 times)

Offline rollo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Building a Room for a Particular Speaker
« on: February 20, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »
    How does one go about doing that ? What specs of speaker are needed ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt-Arion

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Building a Room for a Particular Speaker
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:33:00 AM »
Don't think you should need to Charles.  Just need to match the volume to the speaker output.  Don't wanna run ESL57's in a 1000 cubic foot space and don't want to run Infinity IRS in  a 10x12 space.  Just set the speakers and seating in the room in the right places and treat accordingly - diffusion behind dipoles/bipoles, not behind monopoles, etc.
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline rollo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Building a Room for a Particular Speaker
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 10:53:31 AM »
  Thanks Brian. That sounds just too simple. Are you saying that a room build around proper ratios [ Say Cardas as an example] is all one needs ? Then treat accordingly ? What I'm getting at is say I own single driver speakers with built in subs. We then could not optimize the room size or shape according to the dispertion characteristics of that speaker ?

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt-Arion