Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 2984676 times)

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #10110 on: October 05, 2016, 08:41:08 AM »
MOBILE FIDELITY

Pixies Bossanova (Numbered Limited Edition SACD)

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/pixies-bossanova-numbered-limited-edition-sacd

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #10111 on: October 05, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »
Before the Pixies I was listening to this CD to break in a Bob Carver 6250 receiver.

JAZZIZ on Disc: Spring 2016: 33 1/3 Anniversary, Disc 1 and Disc 2

https://www.amazon.com/JAZZIZ-MAGAZINE-SPRING-CHEADLE-ANNIVERSARY/dp/B01E8OX4F6

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #10112 on: October 05, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »
SULLY ERNA - "Hometown Life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZWB1FzkPI

Preview Sully Erna's new album with the title track, "Hometown Life".
Pre-order album bundles with autographed merch: http://shop.sullyerna.com

Gain seems to be higher but overall a fun album.

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: What are you STREAMING right now?
« Reply #10113 on: October 08, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »
She deserves it and I will take it. This is what we have all been waiting for. Great job Norah, keep it up

One of music s most beautiful and critically acclaimed voices returns with a new studio album that finds her returning to her jazz roots. DAY BREAKS proves Norah to be this era s quintessential American artist, the purveyor of an unmistakably unique sound that weaves together the threads of several bedrock styles of American music: country, folk, rock, soul, jazz. The album is a kindred spirit to Norah s GRAMMY winning debut COME AWAY WITH ME, though it is unquestionably the work of a mature artist who has lived and grown immensely in her craft
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10114 on: October 10, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »

McGuinness Flint
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10115 on: October 10, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »

The Beatles • Rubber Soul........US mono
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline sleepyguy24

Re: What are you STREAMING right now?
« Reply #10116 on: October 11, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this. I ordered the Target Exclusive that has the extra tracks a long with the vinyl record. I'll be on the lookout for the SACD. I wonder who did the production of Day Breaks. I haven't had a chance to look yet. Danger Mouse did production on the 2012 album which I found ok. There was a little bit of a electronic feel to it IMO. When I heard tracks from that album live with live drumming the songs sounded more organic.

Thanks again.

She deserves it and I will take it. This is what we have all been waiting for. Great job Norah, keep it up

One of music s most beautiful and critically acclaimed voices returns with a new studio album that finds her returning to her jazz roots. DAY BREAKS proves Norah to be this era s quintessential American artist, the purveyor of an unmistakably unique sound that weaves together the threads of several bedrock styles of American music: country, folk, rock, soul, jazz. The album is a kindred spirit to Norah s GRAMMY winning debut COME AWAY WITH ME, though it is unquestionably the work of a mature artist who has lived and grown immensely in her craft

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #10117 on: October 11, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on this. I ordered the Target Exclusive that has the extra tracks a long with the vinyl record. I'll be on the lookout for the SACD. I wonder who did the production of Day Breaks. I haven't had a chance to look yet. Danger Mouse did production on the 2012 album which I found ok. There was a little bit of a electronic feel to it IMO. When I heard tracks from that album live with live drumming the songs sounded more organic.

Thanks again.

No problemo
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #10118 on: October 20, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
Taking a break from Nora Jones Day Breaks due to my older daughter constantly playing SIA songs on youtube. They just get stuck in my head. I have no idea what she means to convey in the videos but visually they are nice and artsy. Weird enough and not too far out there.

Enjoy and hopefully you don't get these songs stuck in your head for hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZGAExj-es

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #10119 on: October 25, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »
Dave Gahan & Soulsavers Angels & Ghosts LP

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21119-angels-ghosts/

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #10120 on: October 27, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
Les Dudek  ‎– Les Dudek

"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #10121 on: October 28, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »
Giving this a shot.

Lady Gaga Live at Bud Light Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7MF4l-07XU

She sang with Tony Bennett is now trying to sing with a country twang. Going the opposite direction of Taylor Swift I guess.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10122 on: November 24, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »
What else would I be listening to at Noon on Thanksgiving Day???????

Arlo Guthrie: Alice's Restaurant

Pure Pleasure 180g LP

Happy T-Day to all!
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10123 on: November 24, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

LP

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10124 on: December 26, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
This  afternoon my son brought my 3 week old grandson over to my house for the first time.

So I did what any self respecting Vampire would do in that situation. I sat the kid down in his father's lap in the sweet spot and oversaw his first experiencing of DSOTM (The 30th Anniversary LP, of course).   :clap:

Hey, I feel an absolute moral obligation for the cultural upbringing of this child.  :cool: 

He was kind of fussy when we brought him into the living room but sat there quiet as a church mouse once the stylus hit the vinyl. In the middle of the last track on the A side my wife called me into the kitchen to get something from one of the upper shelves for her and just as the song ended, the baby started to cry. And damned if he didn't settle down as soon as I flipped the record.   :shock:

Looks like the kid's a chip off the old block.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables