Author Topic: PIAUDIO BETABUSS  (Read 2313 times)

Offline dBe

• Certifiable
Re: PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
Thanks Dave. As I understand it you need a RF meter to check the smart meter emissions and they cost more than ghostbuster magnetic and electric field meters on amazon. But I found a rental  :lol:  Sorry for the hijack
Not a hijack by any means, but what I would call an adjunct.   :)

Offline dBe

• Certifiable
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2018, 10:58:00 AM »
Results so far:

Mixed.  I'm a bit frustrated concerning some of the results that I'm getting and I'm not sure if it is due to a design with linited application or not being able to control the installation.

I would encourage those of you with tem to disregard my installation instructions and try the Depot in any receptacle that you deem fit.  It should find great application on the circuit with computers and thos type of power supplies or near your TV, etc.

Move them around and let us all know.

:?

Offline P.I.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
OK.  This doesn't count.  Obvious spousal bias.

My wife says that with it plugged into the same receptacle as our Samsung 60" LED TV it has never looked better.  Blacker blacks; better edge definition (she said "everything just looks 'sharper') and more vibrant colors.

My 70 year old eyes have to agree.  I need to build another one for us to calm the appliances back down.

Live and learn.

YMMV... it's subjective as always.  :)
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline TrueAudio

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »
  Richidoo not good move the bed or meter. I repeat not good. I know you know so move that bed. Get a Guass meter and measure that field. You will be shocked as to the amount.

Thanks Charlie, yes I'm working on fixing it. Gonna get a meter to measure RF, then try faraday cage over the meter. Only the glass fishbowl part is not solid steel box, so that's where the 900MHz signal gets out. It broadcasts a very high power signal.
Watch this video (Alan Maher on noise):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqPEOoO69U

Offline Nick B

• Administrator
  • Audio Neurotic
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »
  Richidoo not good move the bed or meter. I repeat not good. I know you know so move that bed. Get a Guass meter and measure that field. You will be shocked as to the amount.

Thanks Charlie, yes I'm working on fixing it. Gonna get a meter to measure RF, then try faraday cage over the meter. Only the glass fishbowl part is not solid steel box, so that's where the 900MHz signal gets out. It broadcasts a very high power signal.
Watch this video (Alan Maher on noise):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqPEOoO69U

Wow...great video. Had no idea the extent of noise pollution from so many devides, and how about that $2,800 power cord.
I didnít catch what device he was using to measure/hear the noise. Also, didnít follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.
ICEpower 1200as2 stereo amp
Audio Hungary APR 204 preamp
KEF LS 50 speakers
Border Patrol SE dac
Auralic Aries Mini
Roon & Tidal
Don Sachs phono
Basis Ovation turntable
Graham 1.5 T tonearm
AT-ML150 cartridge
PI Audio Uber
All cables by Gary A

Offline rollo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »
  Move it around for best results. Actually for me using on same circuit as sub panel for system now. Previously on branch circuit, go figure. BUY ONE.

charles
Home demo.
 contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt

Offline mauidan

• Seeking Help
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2018, 10:01:30 PM »
As I told Dave, I couldn't measure any difference with my Entech Noise Sniffer when the BETABUSS was plugged in to a circuit across or below the breaker my system is on.

Based rollo's post, I plugged it in the same circuit my system is on.

I adjusted the Entech Noise Sniffer's Sensitivity until the display showed 100.

Turning the BETABUSS on, dropped the reading on the display to under 5.

Dan

Offline P.I.

• P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
As I told Dave, I couldn't measure any difference with my Entech Noise Sniffer when the BETABUSS was plugged in to a circuit across or below the breaker my system is on.

Based rollo's post, I plugged it in the same circuit my system is on.

I adjusted the Entech Noise Sniffer's Sensitivity until the display showed 100.

Turning the BETABUSS on, dropped the reading on the display to under 5.
Thanks for checking in, Dan.

My results, only different.  On my opposite branch, I heard the 'fridge get noticeably quieter.  I was so curious I broke out my venerable (read as old, but still functioning... Like me) Audio ToolBox as well as my B&K 2250 sound level meter.  Both of them caught the running noise level at about -2dB relative to SPL without the Depot in place.  Doesn't sound like much, but that amounts to a 37% reduction in SPL. 

Gayle liked the Depot so much on the same receptacle with the TV, Direct TV receiver and DVD player that I'm having to build one for there (her).

Some systems or old ears will not hear the electrical noise reduction as a stark change.  Putting it on the same branch in a different location makes a distinct difference.  Even Dan's system that is treated with an Uber showed a sizable difference.  It started out VERY quiet with the Uber and got quieter with the Depot.  I'll take that  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Administrator
  • Audio Neurotic
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
Quite a difference in measurements in Danís system. Somewhere in my garage I have an emf meter and Iíll be curious what those readings will show.

Dave, as the results can vary per user and placement, can you conjecture what factors might be involved? Also, if itís not proprietary, can you comment if your methodology is similar to the old Audio Prism Quiet Line modules? They worked well If I recall correctly, but I just got tired of having so many of them plugged into my outlets.
Nick
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:07:14 AM by Nick B »
KEF LS 50 speakers
Border Patrol SE dac
Auralic Aries Mini
Roon & Tidal
Don Sachs phono
Basis Ovation turntable
Graham 1.5 T tonearm
AT-ML150 cartridge
PI Audio Uber
All cables by Gary A

Offline TrueAudio

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
Also, didnít follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.
Check out this other video (I recommend everyone watch this):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqt5lq

"The measuring of the Frequencies and RF's are shown here and the dangers of these damnable meters ongoing in AZ."

Offline P.I.

• P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
Also, didnít follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.

"The measuring of the Frequencies and RF's are shown here and the dangers of these damnable meters ongoing in AZ."
+1  :shock:

Offline P.I.

• P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »
Quite a difference in measurements in Danís system. Somewhere in my garage I have an emf meter and Iíll be curious what those readings will show.

Dave, as the results can vary per user and placement, can you conjecture what factors might be involved? Also, if itís not proprietary, can you comment if your methodology is similar to the old Audio Prism Quiet Line modules? They worked well If I recall correctly, but I just got tired of having so many of them plugged into my outlets.
Nick
Differential line noise that exists on AC lines is a type that is easily suppressed. It is a tiny component of AC noise and can be dealt with cheaply.  It prevails when there is a high-ish DC component on the power lines.  Several orders of magnitude higher is common mode noise that is the real culprit.  Audio Prism and PS Audio produced devices to deal with this noise along with others.  Their theory of operation was to strip off the HF noise components with simple LC networks and then turn that noise into heat through the use of a diode.  This is an over simplification, but that is essentially their function.  Problem is that most of this filtration is happening > 100KHz.  This helps tweeters live, but is inadequate for broadband noise suppression.  My products share nothing in common with those devices other than they contain wire, resistors and capacitors.

Offline Nick B

• Administrator
  • Audio Neurotic
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52:34 PM »

Very interesting and concerning as well. We are bombarded with so many external stimuli from so many sources like chemicals, food additives, microwaves, emf,  etc etc that its a wonder that our immune ststems can tolerate them. Then there are those folks who are affected and it must be a needle in a haystack to figure out what it might be.
KEF LS 50 speakers
Border Patrol SE dac
Auralic Aries Mini
Roon & Tidal
Don Sachs phono
Basis Ovation turntable
Graham 1.5 T tonearm
AT-ML150 cartridge
PI Audio Uber
All cables by Gary A