Author Topic: Ethernet Cables  (Read 1468 times)

Offline rollo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Ethernet Cables
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
  Pete maybe so however not the issue with the I2S connection of Aqua DAc. Was designed to use Cat 5 to now 8. It is the connector in general. The female connector not the wonderful One you use.
  I have issues with some not all Ethernet cables.  I think there is an issue with the DIN of the female. That is why Aqua uses a barrel type connector similar to a balanced IC.
  Makes sense as I and my customers have zero issues. So we need that type of connector. I know Neutrik makes them. Not sure about Telegartner.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt-Arion

Offline rollo

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
   I did some research as well today. I2S is for data transmission internally as Pete stated. However if designed around gavanicaly isolated optical connections perfect for audio.
  Now for my use I  need an ethercon connector. That barrel type connector holds the RJ45 connector in place for a more secure rugged connection.
  The barrels are same as balanced IC. Nuetrik NE8MC to be exact. I'm hoping Telegartner makes the same. Ordered [4] from amazon. Just hoping diameter is large enough for telegartner RJ45 connector.
Problem solved :clap: :X |:D| F'n connector types.

charles
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt-Arion

Offline rollo

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
  BTW to let you know the Ethernet sounds way better than any SPDIF cable period.  TWL/PIA Ethernet triumphs the Wireworld [$210] I would like to try an all silver conductor one, hint, hint.
  SPDIF I tried are TWL/PIA, Mad Scientist, VooDoo, Nordost, JPS Labs and generic both BNC and coaxial. No RJ45 no modular upgradable DACs your old digital is not up to snuff any longer.  :(

charles