Author Topic: Rediscovering the Beatles  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
Rediscovering the Beatles
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:59:47 AM »
Spent a few very enjoyable hours yesterday listening to a few choice cuts  from their first album to their last.
 What stuck out to me was their recording techniques did not change through the years . You heard it yourself I'm sure. Hard left and hard right with some center fill. For example, you may have drums in guitars coming out of the left speaker with some vocals, bass guitar out of the right. This made it very easy to follow  what Paul, Ringo, George and John were doing. I find this more true to life than today's overproduced recordings IMHO.
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Rediscovering the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »
Spent a few very enjoyable hours yesterday listening to a few choice cuts  from their first album to their last.
 What stuck out to me was their recording techniques did not change through the years . You heard it yourself I'm sure. Hard left and hard right with some center fill. For example, you may have drums in guitars coming out of the left speaker with some vocals, bass guitar out of the right. This made it very easy to follow  what Paul, Ringo, George and John were doing. I find this more true to life than today's overproduced recordings IMHO.

Interesting you should mention that. I've been listening to Beatles material recently and am quite enjoying the recordings
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS