MUSICONICA
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much Power Conditionig do we Need ?  (Read 681 times)
rollo
Audio Neurotic

Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know

View Profile gallery
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:12:41 AM »

A whole system conditioner or isolation transformer, multiple conditioners. Both ?
   Then dedicated circuits one or several ? Should all power cords be of the same manf ?
    I know the answer do you. Post away.

charles

Free in Home demo.
 contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net
Arion Class "D" Amps - Analysis Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- VU JADE - Mad Scientist  - Kuzma - Furutech and more
tmazz
Out Of My Speaker Cabinet

Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....

View Profile gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »

Ideally I would go for multiple dedicated lines. One for all of my digital components to isolate the noise they generate, one for my line level components that pretty much draw a constant load and at least one of the power amps (and possibly more depending on how many you have (mono blocks or added sub amps) and how much they each draw.

I currently have all TWC power cords, not because I want to have consistency, but because they turned out to work best in each situation.

Likewise I can see where different types of conditioners could work better in different situations, or there could be a single unit out there that does it all, you just have to try and see what works for you, both performance and budget wise.

Remember, it's all about the music........

Nola Boxers
Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
Quicksilver Mid Monos
ARC SP-9
VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Sumiko Blue Pt. Special
EE Minmax DAC/Bluesound Node/Denon 2910
TWL Power Cords/MIT Cables
TomS
Certifiable

Yeah, it's just a hobby...

View Profile gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »

None! I still have an Uberbuss and variety of manly power cords (TWL, Kaplan) laying around but don't need any of them now.

Thank you Vinnie Rossi LIO  Thumbs Up

Vinnie Rossi LIO AVC Tube stage/phono/DAC/power amp, TAD Evolution One's, Sonore microRendu, Trans-Fi Salvation TT, T3Pro arm, Miyajima Kansui cart
mresseguie
Seeking Help

View Profile gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »

Charles,

That's an interesting way to phrase it, "I know the answer. Do you?"

Of course I know the answer. My answer is only applicable to my situation.

My Uberbuss is enough for my needs in my system in the US. I so far haven't felt the need for it in my system in Taiwan, but that could some day change.

One of these days I'll fill out my TWL loom with a pair of XLR interconnects.

Michael
jimbones
Obsessively Audiophilic

Lambda Hybrid Open Baffle Speakers

View Profile gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:54:19 AM »

I have 2 dedicated lines, one for high power (amps) and the other for low level stuff (pre, cd, TT etc). I am NOT putting in a 3rd  Duh!

Modwright LS 100 Pre, KWA 100SE Pwr Amp, VPI Classic II/BenzMicro Glider, DIY Hybrid OB Speakers, Velodyne HGS12, Emotiva ERC-3 CDP, Burson Conductor DAC, DH Labs, Wywires, PS Audio, Ultrafi USB, TWL, PS Audio PPP
P.I.
Certifiable

Silence is that blackness under the music

View Profile WWW gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:25:10 PM »

None! I still have an Uberbuss and variety of manly power cords (TWL, Kaplan) laying around but don't need any of them now.

Vinnie has changed the audio world in a very good way.  Kudos to him and very cool for all of his customers. !!!

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe
TomS
Certifiable

Yeah, it's just a hobby...

View Profile gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »

Vinnie has changed the audio world in a very good way.  Kudos to him and very cool for all of his customers. !!!
Well I realized I have to confess to using a TWL cord and the Uberbuss just for the DHT filament supply, as unfortunately it isn't supercap powered (yet!) like the rest of the LIO. It does sound very good!

Vinnie Rossi LIO AVC Tube stage/phono/DAC/power amp, TAD Evolution One's, Sonore microRendu, Trans-Fi Salvation TT, T3Pro arm, Miyajima Kansui cart
rollo
Audio Neurotic

View Profile gallery
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »

I have 2 dedicated lines, one for high power (amps) and the other for low level stuff (pre, cd, TT etc). I am NOT putting in a 3rd  Duh!

I'm looking to have installed {4} lines off a sub panel. One 30A for amps, 0ne 20A for preamp, TT and BSG QOL. One for 15A for digital and one extra. Now using one 15A dedicated line foe all.
  Dave is this overkill ? I am using Two Ubers, one for analog one for digital with a Digibuss plugged into one dedicated 15A line. Using two Ubers made a difference over one for me.
   What size breakers and for what do you recco Dave ?

charles

charles

Free in Home demo.
Arion Class "D" Amps - Analysis Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- VU JADE - Mad Scientist  - Kuzma - Furutech and more
mdconnelly
Audio Neurotic

View Profile gallery
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 04:42:08 AM »

After many years of tweaks, cables and system changes, I've come to realize how important the role of electrical quality plays in sound quality.

I just had Dave build me a new 10 outlet Uber with his DigiBuss integrated for 4 of the outlets along with Pete's TWL Silver Statement power cord feeding it.   Dave also added some new magic to address RFI/EMI.  I'll let Dave explain that but I will say that my system has never sounded better.

Thank you Dave!

P.I.
Certifiable

Silence is that blackness under the music

View Profile WWW gallery
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »

After many years of tweaks, cables and system changes, I've come to realize how important the role of electrical quality plays in sound quality.

I just had Dave build me a new 10 outlet Uber with his DigiBuss integrated for 4 of the outlets along with Pete's TWL Silver Statement power cord feeding it.   Dave also added some new magic to address RFI/EMI.  I'll let Dave explain that but I will say that my system has never sounded better.

Thank you Dave!

And who is the dumbass for not taking pictures?  That would be me.  😕

Anyway, what I built for Mike is the fruit of 8 years of work on the same basic platform (da BUSS).  I have made about 30 changes to the initial design over the years to produce the best possible product.  No 'set it and forget' it here.

Pete's cables, in particular the TWL 7+ Uber cable, are things of wonder when paired with the latest iteration of the UberBUSS.  I am so glad that Pete was placed in my life.  Great friend and a "hound for the sound".  I've watched the development of his cables over the last few years and I can't think of another "no brainer cable" out there.

Enjoy. Mike. It gets better for a while longer.

I love this business.  Thank you, Mike!

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe
rollo
Audio Neurotic

View Profile gallery
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »

I'm looking to have installed {4} lines off a sub panel. One 30A for amps, 0ne 20A for preamp, TT and BSG QOL. One for 15A for digital and one extra. Now using one 15A dedicated line foe all.
  Dave is this overkill ? I am using Two Ubers, one for analog one for digital with a Digibuss plugged into one dedicated 15A line. Using two Ubers made a difference over one for me.
   What size breakers and for what do you recco Dave ?

charles

charles

Dave ?

charles

Free in Home demo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by webtechnica.com.
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.