Author Topic: P.I. audio group notice...  (Read 14584 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
P.I. audio group notice...
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »
We have kept our prices the same for over 4 years on all of our products.  During that time materials costs and shipping has risen steadily ( > 30% or more ) and it is past time to revise my pricing on the entire BUSS-Line.

Also, we've existed with a coal-fired steam driven website that is a throwback to the early 21st (maybe late 20th) century.  P.I. audio group will finally have a new website on line in a couple of weeks that will reflect new pricing.  Essentially the Uber will increase in price by $100.00 and the Mini and Digi will increase by $50.00.  European 250VAC models will increase by $200.00 from the base price of #1349.00.  In addition we will be charging for shipping costs.  USPS rates have increased by 80% since I started using them and they are still the most economical way to ship.

In addition Igor's diffusers will get the space on the website that they deserve. 

New additions to the site will include an option for TWL internal wiring that replaces the cryo THHN wire that we currently use. 

If you have been thinking about getting any of the BUSSes, now would be a good time to do so.  In the world of power conditioning our products are giant killers and an incredible value for the money.  One recent convert from an Audience Adept Response to an Uber is in process of writing a review that many will find very interesting.  I've spoken to him and I can hardly wait to see it myself.  It is encouraging and satisfying when I get calls and emails from customers that are thrilled with their purchases.  There is a reason why total returns are < 0.3% .

So, it is time to reluctantly raise pricing, but you have an extra incentive to buy the finest power products available for the dollar, euro or yuan.

Thanks to the hundreds of customers that have purchased P.I. audio group products over the years.  You all know what a bargain our products are.  Even with the new pricing there is nothing on the market that will come close.

Dave

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: P.I. audio group notice...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
We have kept our prices the same for over 4 years on all of our products.  During that time materials costs and shipping has risen steadily ( > 30% or more ) and it is past time to revise my pricing on the entire BUSS-Line.

Also, we've existed with a coal-fired steam driven website that is a throwback to the early 21st (maybe late 20th) century.  P.I. audio group will finally have a new website on line in a couple of weeks that will reflect new pricing.  Essentially the Uber will increase in price by $100.00 and the Mini and Digi will increase by $50.00.  European 250VAC models will increase by $200.00 from the base price of #1349.00.  In addition we will be charging for shipping costs.  USPS rates have increased by 80% since I started using them and they are still the most economical way to ship.

In addition Igor's diffusers will get the space on the website that they deserve. 

New additions to the site will include an option for TWL internal wiring that replaces the cryo THHN wire that we currently use. 

If you have been thinking about getting any of the BUSSes, now would be a good time to do so.  In the world of power conditioning our products are giant killers and an incredible value for the money.  One recent convert from an Audience Adept Response to an Uber is in process of writing a review that many will find very interesting.  I've spoken to him and I can hardly wait to see it myself.  It is encouraging and satisfying when I get calls and emails from customers that are thrilled with their purchases.  There is a reason why total returns are < 0.3% .

So, it is time to reluctantly raise pricing, but you have an extra incentive to buy the finest power products available for the dollar, euro or yuan.

Thanks to the hundreds of customers that have purchased P.I. audio group products over the years.  You all know what a bargain our products are.  Even with the new pricing there is nothing on the market that will come close.

Dave

Well, nuts!   :roll:  I totally forgot to mention that Audio Nervosa members will get and extra 10% discount until the website goes live!!!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:42:21 AM »
Dave,

Refresh my memory, please. Are the diffusers foam or wood?
How much do you suppose shipping to Taiwan might be for a pair of diffusers?

Michael
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 07:38:35 AM »
   Sounds good Dave. Modest raise for IMHO the product to buy.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »
Dave,

Michael

The diffusers are foam. The problem with them is shipping is expensive due to the size

Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »
Dave,  email sent re: Uber with integrated Digi. 

Good luck with the new website!  Time marches on - the good thing is that websites have become far easier to run and manage.

And thanks for the discount nod to AudioNervosa!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
Dave,

Michael
Michael,  Like the gentleman below said.  Basically Greg ships a box of air and that is expensive.  From Albuquerque 2 pair  of diffusers sent to New York is about $85.00.  It would be several hundred ($300.00?) to ship that same package to you.  When the cost of shipping is greater than the cost of the goods it's just crazy.

I just finished putting the latest tweak to the Mini in this week and will ship next week.  I've been working on it for a while and it is a pretty good one.  :thumb:

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 01:26:07 PM »
Dave (and elk),

Sigh. Air freight costs are so high. This isn't the first time I've bumped my head against international air freight rates, yet I keep hoping to discover a way around it.

I have checked the local audio market for diffusers and absorption panels only to discover that all of it is imported from the US or Europe - and it's crazy expensive. Hell, I might still consider ordering a pair of your diffusers later this year (August or September).

Dave,

I'm sure I owe you something for those Mini mods and shipping.

Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Hapa loom

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »
Dave (and elk),

Sigh. Air freight costs are so high. This isn't the first time I've bumped my head against international air freight rates, yet I keep hoping to discover a way around it.

I have checked the local audio market for diffusers and absorption panels only to discover that all of it is imported from the US or Europe - and it's crazy expensive. Hell, I might still consider ordering a pair of your diffusers later this year (August or September).

Dave,

I'm sure I owe you something for those Mini mods and shipping.

Shipping is our quickest rising expense at this time.  USPS has gone crazy on domestic shipping in the last couple of years and are still the lowest cost for international shipping.  Get a USPS price and multiply it by 4 > 6 for UPS or Fedex for international.  I just don't ship enough internationally to get UPS or FedEx to negotiate a competitive rate.

We'll talk on costs.  I am going to add that you owe us dinner when we get to Taiwan!   :thumb:

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »
Dave,

Geez. If you and Gayle come to Taiwan, I'll show you the island! Name your interest - temples, ruins, mountains, rivers, Toroko Gorge, food OMG the FOOD! Seafood galore....sushi heaven....you have no idea what "Chinese cuisine" is until you've tried the food in Taiwan.

Lose 5 to 10 pounds before you arrive.

Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Hapa loom

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Response has been quite good and I am very grateful. 

Saving $$$ is a good thing, no?!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 12:32:21 PM »
What sucks for me is good for you...

A couple of weeks ago when I offered the deal to AN members I had no idea that I would break my back, literally.  I've been dealing with a 60% crushed T7 with a prolapsed disc between 7 & 8.  I am supposed to be having surgery soon (I'm waiting for the call) and no one can really tell me what the recovery is going to be like.

I have not completed the new website (surprise, surprise)  and I am able to work at a slow but steady pace. 

Soooooo.  What this means is that I'm still honoring the special pricing, just please be patient when you order.  Getting older is for rocks, not people.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
Sorry to hear this news. We are praying for you Dave.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 03:28:46 PM »
Sorry to hear this news. We are praying for you Dave.
Thanks, Rich.  Just paying the price of 69 years of insanity.

I'm in good hands!

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 01:25:27 AM »
Dave,

I'm sorry to learn this. I order you to get over this. There are 1000s, nay, tens of thousands of folks who have yet to dine on your grilled steak!

Pulling for you!

Michael
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Hapa loom