Author Topic: VOODOO Copper Duplex Receptacle  (Read 14774 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
VOODOO Copper Duplex Receptacle
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
   $ 60 retail. Buy them. You will not be disappointed. Will take your Uber or Digi Buss to a whole new level. I am a Furutech Authorized Dealer BTW so take this for what is worth. A hell of a product.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: VOODOO Copper Duplex Receptacle
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Link please?

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:09 AM »
Here is what I found.

http://voodoocable.net/product/voodoo-ubbell-audio-grade-ac-outlet/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00YDDKRQ2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Something looks fishy here. On the 1st link it just looks like all this outlet is a dressed up Hubbell IG 8300.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 07:59:40 AM »
Here is what I found.

http://voodoocable.net/product/voodoo-ubbell-audio-grade-ac-outlet/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00YDDKRQ2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Something looks fishy here. On the 1st link it just looks like all this outlet is a dressed up Hubbell IG 8300.

Fishy ? The outlets are made by Hubbell to Voodoo specs. All copper connectors. Cryo treated, cleaned, polished and soaked in Progold.

charles

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »
I read the Hubbell catalog. These are the "heavy duty" design, which Hubbell makes standard with brass contacts. These are custom phosphor bronze  contacts (95% copper).

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 06:49:25 PM »
I would imagine the minimum order for a custom part from Hubbell would be 10,000 pieces, if they would even do it at all.
You might be able to coax them to do a batch in a custom color.

with a 50 percent markup, at $31 they cost the reseller maybe 15 to 18 dollars, maybe 6 bucks to make, maybe......which is a lot of maoney considering the chinese can do it for maybe .89 cents

I want a $600 dollar receptacle, call it the Bugatti or something like that, maybe backlit with blue leds, with a USB port too!

Voodoo ....I would pick a better name ...something like Kinetic Research labs or Resonant Research labs..Kinetic Applied arts...Slitherin Lubricant Labs! Now thats a good one!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »
Voodoo has been around awhile selling powercords and other products. Good people good products.
  The voodoo outlets compared to the Pass & Seymor 5362 was no contest. Music just sounded better, so the recco.
   Unless you have tried and or compared them directly as we have done in several applications your opinion is moot.
    Highly recommended.

charles

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
Thanks gents for your input. I ordered 1 Hubbell outlet and 1 VooDoo outlet to compare visually. I can easily return the Hubbell outlet with no problems. I'll put the VooDoo outlet on 1 of my Isolation Transformers for kicks. I'll report my findings.

Slitherin Lubricant Labs. Now that is a cool company name.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »

I think sometimes they sound better because of the new contact material.
After years and years of oxidation, just replacing with new has the potential to make a better contact and perhaps sound better(different).

Depending on how old your house is, that old receptacle and its associated oxidation could be doing sonic harm(or not)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 05:38:49 AM »
You could actually take an emery board, not the metal kind please, use the paper/cardboard kind that you wife has a dozen of, and pull it in and out of each outlet hole a few times. It will scratch the surface, giving you better contact.

Note: it would be best to flip your fuse off before doing this, if you leave it on, and you get a shock (you shouldn't get one though) it is on you.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 06:47:47 AM »
  All outlets tested were new when compared.

charles

Offline alfredh

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »
Charles,
How does the Voodoo Copper Duplex compare to the Furutech GTX-D (Rhodium) ?

thanks,
AH

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
Evening

Well I got the Voodoo outlet from Amazon and I have to return it. It just won't work out for me. It is beyond my skillset to swap in the Voodoo outlet for the outlet on my CMX-2. I can't swap out the VooDoo outlet because the spades and gauge of the wires on my iso transformer can't fit in the tight spaces of the IG8300 outlet. Please see the pics for the comparison of the Voodoo outlet vs. the Hubbell based Porter Port. I found it weird that the ground screw was on the black wire side of the outlet rather than the white. I guess hospitals wire stuff differently.

Lastly is the physical feel of the outlet. The Porter Port Hubbell outlet feels more substantial than the Voodoo Hubbell 8300 IMO. I know that is being petty but I just can't shake that bias. I feel I get more for my buck with the Porter Port vs. The VooDoo.